buying A4 Avant black edition

badus

Reaction score
hi

im looking to buy an A4 avant, new or low milage used. spoke to one dealer this week and got numbers inc 3k in from me and 3.7 in from audi and apr of 6.7. Asked if we can better that and got no and buy it or leave it attitude...was looking for any thoughts from those who have bought similar recetly, should i expect some more or re Audi that hard to deal with? am going to visit some more dealers toorrow around north london buut interested if anyone has any tips. sure i read a thread somewhere that someone got basically 0% apr

any help greatfully received
thanks

Aye, that was probably me. But that was the Audi contribution basically paying the interest.

Sell you mine. 3500 miles, only £29000 :ninja: So almost £5k off new, and no hanging around waiting...

Worth it if your not going PCP. Otherwise PCP will work out cheaper than a loan likely.

Last edited:
morning xs2man, yes it was your thread, searched last night but couldnt find it. Interesting....the 3700 they have offered me is about the interest on the remainder over 3yrs so i see what you mean. Did they move on the price of car or extras?

if it wasnt for needing balloon payment to keep monthlys in check I would take you up on the offer, where did you buy yours?

ive a perfectly good Golf GTD atm, so will browse around and see who is hungry for the business :)

Aye, that was probably me. But that was the Audi contribution basically paying the interest.

Sell you mine. 3500 miles, only £29000 :ninja: So almost £5k off new, and no hanging around waiting...

Worth it if your not going PCP. Otherwise PCP will work out cheaper than a loan likely.

I got mine from Dundee Audi.

I didn't ask for money off the car as such, I just told them the term, miles, spec and negotiated the monthly payments until they worked. I also got a guarantee on my trade in value, which meant by the time the car was delivered, they had to honour the price, and that gave me an extra £40-50 per month off by the time the car was delivered. So I negotiated GAP insurance and Wheel and tyre insurance and still took another £25 per month off.

Its worth noting though that I had 3 separate dealers competing for my trade also. I went to the first dealer, got them to give me their best price, then went to another for them to beat it. Then went to another, got them to throw in extras, but they wanted a higher deposit. Went back to the first dealer, never told them about increase in deposit, and they still beat the monthly payments. So wasn't too bad.

Maybe have a look at Broadspeed though. Thats who Top Gear magazine use for pricing new cars, they might be able to sort you out.

Oh yeah. And dont get the 2.0 TDI. Go either 3.0 TDI or 2.0T petrol. If you want fuel economy, go for a BMW or Mercedes. Just have a look at the mpg threads and see what TripleD and myself have been getting. Hence selling my car, lol.

And you can get PCP from other finance companies. You aren't actually stuck to Audi.

ahh Dundee, half my family from Forfar and my wee sister studied nursing at abertay and lived there for years. find myself in Hertfordshire these days but they still all up that way hence need for bigger car to come visit. sat in quattro today and got 2nd set of figures from 2nd dealer, much of a much but will start to play them off this week. they both told me there are none with tech pack high vailable so looking at new build. will check your fuel threads, thought your sig looked off but figured it was new/you had been caining it.....

Nope. None of the above, lol.

Also, TripleD's is even more accurate as he has tracked many more miles. Although he has the 170 not the 177.

not good, read some more of your threads and you got me thinking....congrats on the baby due, we had our first 3weeks ago :), again hence bigger car. i went to bmw last wknd but they couldnt give me a 3series tourer with good spec from current "old" stock so would have to wait till Sept. i agree with you, its ugly! so dismissed that. test drove volvo d5 v60awd yesterday, not bad performance but crap interior/nav. Audi has it but fuel econemy + isofix issue could put me off big time...there is a merc garage down the road, another nights entertainment from the sounds of things

Nope. None of the above, lol.

Also, TripleD's is even more accurate as he has tracked many more miles. Although he has the 170 not the 177.

Well, I am looking at nearly new 330d tourings. Monthly payments are coming in about the same, much better spec, and on an extended drive got 40 mpg. So better than my current car, and the same as my old 143 A4 avant. But with the potential for 280 BHP or so. Its the old (current touring) shape, but with only circa 6-7k on them, almost new.

The 2.2 mercs are pretty economical though. My friend has a 2011 c200 CDI (143 BHP I think), and he boots the **** off it, and still easily gets well over 40 mpg. On a run the other week, he did 275 miles average speed 78 mph with mpg at 42. To average 78 you gotta be hooning it for most of the way, so not so bad. The C220 and C250 are slightly worse, but not bad. Their 6 cylinder kinda lets it down with consumption though, but is strong on performance at 265 BHP. But they are worth a look. The C250 is where my money would go if I were to go Merc. The Merc interior is nicer than the BMW, but it is still a bot of an old mans car to me.

The ISOFIX issue for me was for a particular brand car seat though. It may not be relevant to you. Unless you also have the Maxi-cosi.

Someone wanting an A4 Avant??

You can have mine if you like, located in suffolk, so closer than Scotland!!

As Mr XS2man has already said, steer clear of the 2.0 TDi lumps completely, they are a waste of time, might as well run a petrol. But if you do really want one, buy mine!
Had a test drive of a 330 at the weekend, although that car wasn't for me because it didn't have all the toys I wanted.

Audi's are nice to look at but they seem more than a little behind with the engine technology!