Buying a TT MK2

S

SteveSAS

Hi guys, I am the owner of an Audi S3 8L and now my wife is looking for a TT to use as a daily driver for work.
Originally looking at the MK 1 but have opted to search for the Mk2 instead, based on better fuel consumption and lower road tax and also the newer car for hopefully longer lasting.
We are going for 2.0 TFSI petrol with half leather interior.

We have a budget of 8K to spend and hope for max miles of 60K, what are the main points to check for on these?
Cam belts etc should have been done at least once on age of car?

Cheers Steve

Swapping from a 3.2 MK1 to a 2.0TFSI MK 2 was a no brainer, just miss the noise; the MK2 is sooo much more and your wife will love it and I'm guessing you will too; enjoy...

TZ10 0255mod

Other than STD 2-year work:

AUDI TT 2.0TFSI ADDITIONAL WORK:

@ 57000-miles Change Spark Plugs

@ 57000-miles Change Air Filter

@ 60000-miles: S-tronic Gearbox Oil change

@ 114000-miles Change Engine Tooth Belt

You'll be looking at a pre facelift for your budget

Common issues on mk2

Window regulators

Bose amp

Rear indicators

Indicator stalks

Knocking steering rack

Sagging leather seats

Door lock mechanism

Mechatronic unit ( DSG )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice guys, have a couple of cars to look at this week.
Both with around 68k on clock and full service history.
One is a 2006 and the other a 2007, one a standard bright red and the other more a burgundy colour.
What is the standard size wheels? One has 19" rims, any issues with this size if not standard?

Thanks

Thanks for the advice guys, have a couple of cars to look at this week.
Both with around 68k on clock and full service history.
One is a 2006 and the other a 2007, one a standard bright red and the other more a burgundy colour.
What is the standard size wheels? One has 19" rims, any issues with this size if not standard?

Thanks

19-inch rims were an option on the Mk 2 TT but will be a tad harsher ride than on the 18-inch rims. Here on our pot holed, speed bumped, UK roads I'd be going for - and do use on my own - the 18-inch rims. Oh, and replacement 19-inch tyres may be more expensive.

PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you a 2010 Audi TT Sales Guide with all details and options for the MK 2 TT.