Buying a RS4, any advice????

bazza138

Reaction score
HI all, im new to all this forum stuff
I looking to buy an RS4and looking at the car on Friday , i have got an A1 at mo

2006 , 45k miles on it, i heard about the drc problems,
is there any think else i gotta look for??

Thanks Bazza

Thats abit of a change from an A1 to Rs4 ! :0
The Rs4 is a beatiful car.
Look out for bad wear on the bolster on the Bucket seats.

not very helpfull butt i would advise you to bring it round to me when you find one so i can have a go!, joking asside mate hope you get sorted they are a wicked car mate i would love one.

mega lols i know big change, from an A1 , only young once and b4 kids come gotta get rs4, cheers will look for the bolts, fingers cross may be driving the new car back home friday :))))))

mega lols i know big change, from an A1 , only young once and b4 kids come gotta get rs4, cheers will look for the bolts, fingers cross may be driving the new car back home friday
biggrin.gif
)))))​

mega lols i know big change, from an A1 , only young once and b4 kids come gotta get rs4, cheers will look for the bolts, fingers cross may be driving the new car back home friday
biggrin.gif
)))))​
Thats abit of a change from an A1 to Rs4 ! :0
The Rs4 is a beatiful car.
Look out for bad wear on the bolster on the Bucket seats.

was thinking about a daytona grey looks soooooooo sexy , but it sounded like a dogey guy selling it scraths on the bumper and all, so stay away from that 1, RED one is mine lol
Good find !

Its all about Sprint Blue or Yellow !

Try more than one!! Check service history. Some I tried def seemed down on power. Did seen to match up with no FASH. Love mine. Had it three weeks massive step up from S4 let alone A1, enjoy!! Post pics!

Got my new baby ! Pick it up 2 weeks ago ! Def the right choice! Fitted a tracker on it today loving the power and the exhaust note!! Through a 1 1/4 mile tunnel love it !!! Of course bigger upgrade from the a1 , gotta buy a rs4 before marriage and kids come hahah PLAN

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 484
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 444
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 454
Reactions: THQuattro and MartayMcFly
hi guys im pretty new to all of audi and thinking of getting a rs4..what is DRC? sorry to sound thick but like I said im new to audi so really need to know all problems related to the rs4..cheers

DRC = Dynamic Ride Control

The shock absorbers are cross connected with fluid via a valve block. It allowes the suspension to be soft(er) when in a straight line for a better ride but stiffen up for better handling.

DRC = Dynamic Ride Control

The shock absorbers are cross connected with fluid via a valve block. It allowes the suspension to be soft(er) when in a straight line for a better ride but stiffen up for better handling.

cheers for reply dave...was online reading up on all faults on the rs4 last night..im no longer a novice on rs4,s lol

cheers for reply dave...was online reading up on all faults on the rs4 last night..im no longer a novice on rs4,s lol
No probs.

Take your time and find a good one, there's some really dodgy well over-priced ones out there as well as some almost mint ones at sensible money.

Had mine from new in July 2006 and absolutely love it still.

yeah I kinda fallen in love with the rs4 lovely car and even better with miltek exhaust on..what a sound just love that burble lol..I got a 5 series bmw at moment but I been looking forward to the day I go back to petrol and I think the time is now..i love me comfort in the bmw but love the sound of the rs4 even more lol...what sort of mpg do you get from the rs4 dave ?

Budget on 20mpg in normal mixed use (less if urban commuting) and anything up to 26 on long motorway runs.
But who cares about the mpg? - the sound of a V8 doing 8000+ rpm, especially if you have a non-res Milltek exhaust, is to die for:hubbahubba:

Reactions: THQuattro, GeoffDunk and MartayMcFly
Budget on 20mpg in normal mixed use (less if urban commuting) and anything up to 26 on long motorway runs.

You're not trying hard enough :eyebrows:

I'm averaging between 14-16mpg, but most of my driving is around town.

Reactions: dannyjna
You're not trying hard enough :eyebrows:

I'm averaging between 14-16mpg, but most of my driving is around town.
In the winter of 2008 I managed 12mpg on my (then) urban commute - but that was exceptionally cold and I was averaging 8mph in the start-stop traffic queues :thumbsup:

In the winter of 2008 I managed 12mpg on my (then) urban commute - but that was exceptionally cold and I was averaging 8mph in the start-stop traffic queues :thumbsup:

****** hell im a hgv driver and my truck get between 9 and 12 mpg lol

The B7 RS4 is one of my absolute favourite cars and I will have one at some point , , beautiful motor you've got. Enjoy V8 power.

Last edited:
yeah its good to put your foot down after being in a lorry all week lol

guys can anyone help,,,,just buying a RS4,,,,i want to fit coilovers...is it a straight forward job,,,rs4 sits too high for me ...each to there own please guys