Buying a new car alongside an existing daily car

Chrisk1993

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I am looking at buying an S3 8L 2002 to put into my Dad's name to keep his 20+ Years NCD as I am the registered keeper and policyholder for our current 2015 A4 Avant and he is a named driver on it.
Problem is this, I'm currently paying well over what I should be paying due to being unable to look around for other insurance providers and turned out to be nearly £700 cheaper elsewhere, currently with General Accident AKA Aviva.
I have been quoted anywhere between £5k and £10k per annum for the S3, as my Dad as the main policy holder and me as a named driver, which isn't happening.
I'm nearly 23 with 3 Years NCD and holding a full licence for 3 years with a DVLA restricted licence 3 years due to a controlled medical issues, no convictions, points, claims etc.
My Father is 56 with 20+ Years NCD and has held a full licence since around 1982, no convictions no claims no points etc.

I want to be able to get insured on the car that I buy as a named driver but even a cheap 1.0 Corsa puts me into £5k policy so it isn't just the car that I am buying.

Multi Car possibility, the chances of both cars being driven at the same time are extremely slim, as the A4 is a daily driver and the S3 is mainly to keep his NCD.

Not sure how to go about this as I don't have between 8k and 12k to spend on both car insurances, especially considering my Father can get insured on either cars for £200 per annum, seems to be me that puts the insurance up but even on something like a 1.0 corsa I can get insured on for 1/4 of what we both can.

Any insurance brokers that anyone can suggest? Also any of the sponsors if you drop a comment if it's something you think you could get me quoted on as a single car or a multi car policy and I'll drop you my contact details.

Be happy to have a look at this for you. It'll probably mean insuring it in your name and mirroring your NCB across, then adding your dad as a named driver. To keep his bonus it would need to be his car and insured in his name. We'll talk it through when you call. The guys are more used to dealing with these scenarios than I am. Please PM your name and phone number and I'll arrange the call.

Be happy to have a look at this for you. It'll probably mean insuring it in your name and mirroring your NCB across, then adding your dad as a named driver. To keep his bonus it would need to be his car and insured in his name. We'll talk it through when you call. The guys are more used to dealing with these scenarios than I am. Please PM your name and phone number and I'll arrange the call.

I didn't receive a call so I called but you can't do better than 10k per annum on the S3 alone.

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back when we're back in the office on Tuesday.
Regards,
Dan.

Not sure what made you comment but ok, Me owning a 1.0 Corsa puts my insurance to £600 ish, But as a named driver will put me well into £3k+.

Insurance by myself is a lot cheaper than getting insurance with my father on the policy on certain cars with certain company's.

If I knew why don't you think I would of dealt with it? I do live in South London and the way they drive I might aswell live in Baghdad, Your right.