Buying a B8 S4 - Advice, and what options?

Jordan427

Reaction score
Hi all,

Within the next 3 months I'm going to start looking at buying a B8 S4. I'm just wondering what I should look out for (common faults) and what desirable options to try and get.

I'm probably going to be looking at a 2010/11 car with most likely anything up to 100k miles in either manual or s-tronic transmission. Now speaking of s-tronic, is the failure issue regarding these units as widespread and as bad as you read? Or is the failure rate still (relatively) low? As for the options, what would you consider as key ones?

Cheers all!

Hey dude,

I was in exactly the same situation as you about a month ago, I've just bought mine, 80k miles 6MT, full dealer service history.

If you're buying with the S-Tronic then it HAS to have been serviced on 35k, 75k and 105k iirc, if it hasn't and it's missed a service by like 5/10k miles then walk away, thats what I've taken from this site.

As long as it's been looked after you're in the clear tbh.

Go for the Bang & Olufsen stereo system as well, it's so much better, get as many options as you can for the price.

If you need help looking for one on your budget, send me a PM and I'll help out

Reactions: xpoweruk
Options are king, a little extra mileage vs more options is worth it.

Mine is fully loaded I was very lucky . i must say I would hate to give any up, I love them all, lane assist is a god send as is the reversing cam. B&O is really very good, super sports seats are a must.

Options are king, a little extra mileage vs more options is worth it.

Mine is fully loaded I was very lucky . i must say I would hate to give any up, I love them all, lane assist is a god send as is the reversing cam. B&O is really very good, super sports seats are a must.

I'd love to have the reversing cam, had one of my old car and I kind of just relied on it tbh, now I have sensors but it isn't the same.

There is a lovely segane blue one for sale with 50k miles and warranty for sale on this site

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk