Buying a b8 rs4 help

TaylorB8

Reaction score
hi!

Long story short.. im about to pull the trigger on a b8 rs4 2012.

My question is sports exhaust...

Its from a bmw dealership as its a trade in...they are saying it has due to valves operating using the drive select..

The car has DRC, 20's and Dynamic steering but no mention of sports exhaust. The rear exhaust tips are also silver... i understand the stock exhaust has valves as well as oem sports exhaust..

Is there any other way to tell as I have phoned Audi uk and other dealerships and can't really get a straight answer as they can't give me original spec sheet.

Thanks in advance!

Jump in the start it up...if u can. While the car is ticking over use the Drive Select to Activate the Sports Exhaust Valves, If u notice a diffrence in sound its a Sports Box if not the Valves are for when it's 1st started... It is a noticeable Diffrence more so when u blip the Go faster pedal..

There should also be a Sticker in the Wheel well Area with loads of Numbers.. That is the Make up of the car at the factory and what it was fitted with... On this Website is a link where u can add each bank of numbers to find out what's what.. Someone might be able to point u in the direction of it on here..

Or try the VIN Here

http://www.vindecoderz.com/en/audi

Ideal! Thank you both!

I will get in contact with the dealer and get them to check the sticker as the vin is showing all information I've already got.

Cheers!

Perfect mate, Will phone them tomorrow now and get a final answer! If no sports exhaust ill just bargain with them more and seal the deal.

I'm sure ill be able to find one for sale...

Cheers again pal really appreciated

Perfect mate, Will phone them tomorrow now and get a final answer! If no sports exhaust ill just bargain with them more and seal the deal.

I'm sure ill be able to find one for sale...

Cheers again pal really appreciated

Your welcome and good luck,

Get £2k knocked of and get a Miltek with Valves and change for some Vpower...

Never noticed a 2nd hand one coming up on the Classifieds page.

Reactions: michael A
I ended up getting a full sport exhaust system with a xpipe replacing the silencer for £200 and the difference is insane! Comfort is lovely and quiet almost like the original sports exhaust...valves open is some what insanity! Couldn't be happier to be fair!

I ended up getting a full sport exhaust system with a xpipe replacing the silencer for £200 and the difference is insane! Comfort is lovely and quiet almost like the original sports exhaust...valves open is some what insanity! Couldn't be happier to be fair!
Is that a Audi Sports Exhaust and X PIPE.

I got a bargain at £200 and threw my mate £50 for collecting it for me... sound is mental... comfort is still quiet (basically stock sports - no drone) then sport/dynamic.... just insane. 5k plus absolutely screams.

Reactions: michael A