Buying a A3 S line TDI 170 help info links etc..... re map advice??

spadey99

Reaction score
Hi guys

thinking of getting one of these next week, 08 plate ....... It has the DSG gearbox and looks nice..... just want help etc on what to look for... Dont think it has had a recent DSG oil change and needs a camblet doing so good negotiation tools...

Also would get it re mapped, any advice on that??? Im in the North West so any places you would recommend??/

Thankls in advance.......

Steve

I had my Volvo C30 D5 done by Shark performance and the results were fantastic. It totally transformed the car into something it should have been out of the box. They sent me a handheld unit and I uploaded the remap in a matter of minutes. I certainly will be looking at them to do my S3 when funds allow.

thanks mate....... so is it worth getting it to a dealer??? just seen REVO have a dealer down the road from me for there stage 1 and its £100 off at moment........

It was as easy as plug and play,you can't go wrong. I saw on the Shark Facebook page that they have a 25% discount until sometime in January.

Welcome, they are solid cars depending on when in 2008 it was it may have the new CR engine as well which is a bit quieter and smoother. Only thing to consider is the DPF if you do a lot of short journeys, although they can be removed and mapped out.

Deffo get it remapped ...as your based in the NW as an alternative I would recommend Rick @ Unicorn Motor Developments.

He is a fourm sponsor on here and does customer mapping. He did my 170tdi and S3, cannot recommend him enough.

Thank you great info. . As it happens I do do quite a few short journeys so more info on the DPF would be appreciated

Yeah DPF can be a nightmare as Audi like to charge £1K+ to replace it. They just need to be driven for a 20min (ish) period to burn off some of the carbon or the car will do a forced regen on it. I had a nightmare with mine despite travelling 120 miles a day.

In the end i got it removed and mapped by Rick, ended up with ~210bhp and an absolute shed load of torque. To be honest it was the best decision I made, no more DPF issues and a much better car to drive. If you search DPF on here or google there is a lot of information about it.

Blinkin heck.... ok will have a look. .. so what price to get removed and mapped??

Getting expensive already and haven't got the car......

Sorry can't remember exact price, your better dropping Rick a line on here or emailing him. His site info is down the bottom.

Oh yes...it's certainly a slippery slope haha!!