Buying a 2019 etron

hamedhbb

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I am stuck between two 2019 e-trons and the bit that helps me to decide are:
1- when they get close to 7-8years old, how difficult are them to sell due to battery warranty span.
2- are reliable enough to get one out of warranty if I am a competent DIYer?

I'd suggest you just avoid early e-trons. German forum is flooded with issues people were having :)

Hey, it was OK, more issues than good things though.

Good
Very fast GT Line, 230bhp seems like 300+bhp
300 miles range if you drive at 30-40mph in summer
Fast charging! 230kw speeds till 70ish %. 1-10% is possible in 18mins, unlikely though! tested it over 15 months at 350kw chargers, and never once did I manage it.
Looks really nice! a real head-turner in white with black badges (bought from shark racing)
Car did lose value that much in 15 months like the E-Tron, people think they need 300+ miles range, trust me, they don't lol

Not so good.
No 3rd party parts unless you have the left-hand drive cars they sell in Korea, UK cars are missed out weirdly.
Expensive for what it is, let's remember it's a Kia, £45k new.
The winter range is more like 220 miles if you drive slowly.
Very fragile inside, the plastics were soft, and damaged the driver's door just by taking the plastic film off to fast.... come on!.
The paint on the car was soft like butter, and chips everywhere.
Various car bugs, zombie mode where the car will turn on but not go into gear leaving you unable to drive was never fixed properly.
The app sometimes won't work on connecting to the car
Parts can take 26 weeks to get and have to come from Korea.
Car ABS activates on small bumps on the road, very annoying.
Auto steering is almost dangerous and wants to take you over the road's white lines sometimes, the steering wheel shakes a little while auto steering is on.
Car says I need to hold the steering wheel alert always coming on, I am holding the wheel lol.
Graphics on the infotainment show another Kia car, not EV6 lol.
The rear tires get eaten up on the inner sides, are they like unbalanced or something?
Kia tried to charge me £70 to activate a new feature, battery pre-conditioning!! really! a £45K car already have it!

There is more but I won't go into it. Made my deposit back and then some moved back to Aud :) cost me £9k over 15 months to own the Kia.

Reactions: cosmicblue