buying a 2014 a5 3.0t fsi with 75k (km) ?

Rick95a5

Reaction score
I wanted to know if this car would be reliable since it has s tronic transmission. Also is it comfortable with the s tronic to daily drive.

My 2.0TFSi has S-Tronic and I can't fault it. Can't feel the gears changing tbf. Just ensure the oil changes have been done every 38k.

It has 75k (miles) and this is my first luxury car. Anything that needs to be checked

If it was built in 2014 then it has the 3rd and final generation of the s-tronic gearbox which "seems" to be reliable. As @Booboo noted it should have had the s-tronic ATF changed twice. You might also want to get the gear oil done too at some point. It may also have the 2nd generation CREC engine which also have improvements (although there is a recall for fuel rails which must be done). The other risk is the crank pulley - some have been known to fail - but its hard to check. Certainly shine a torch on the belts and pulleys and watch carefully for any sign of wobble or belt movement. Lastly have a look for any signs that coolant has dried - there have been a few cases of waterpump or stat leakage at lower miles than you might expect.