1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a 2008 Audi A6 tomorrow, any advice appreciated.

deano35 Sep 5, 2018

1. deano35

deano35 New Member

I am going to look at my first Audi tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had advice on common faults to look for? The owner has admitted one fault currently, which is a noise when the power steering is at full lock, looks like it could just need the fluid bled and refilled?

The model is the 2008 - Audi A6 2.0 TDi Limited Edition, 130,000 miles, has 10 service stamps I believe and tidy looking inside and out in pictures, 2 owners etc, last one since 2012 or so. Any thing critical I should look for? Thanks for any advice.

PS. Trying to get my head around the MMI and if it has AMI fitted on the Limited Edition, does anyone know? End goal is to get as much functionality/streaming with my android handset. It definitely has the colour navigation system, but not the MMI plus I don't think, I would consider a different model of A6 like the Le Mans if that has an easier route for phone functionality/streaming music. Any advice with my first Audi purchase would be greatly appreciated!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. niedzial1983

niedzial1983 Active Member

I never head about 2008 "limited edition "

The trim levels were
    Se
    Sline
    Lemans
    And than facelifted 2009+
    Special edition

There is also very rare audi exclusive

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. deano35

deano35 New Member

Agreed, it is just the standard as it is none of the others. I later managed to find the VIN etc to check exact spec. It is the MMI high with DVD drive and CD Changer in the glove compartment. Wondering now what bluetooth options are left, any idea? Thanks.

5. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 A7 Owner Group Black Edition

MMI is standard in one guise or another.
    The AMI (Audi Music Inteface) refers to a special socket interface that you can buy adaptors to fit, that allow external devices to be used as a music, and sometimes, video source. i.e. iPhone/iPod/USB stick etc.