Button pressed....!

Ridders is it here yet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ridders71
Soon..very soon....

It is at the dealers, I am collecting Thursday morning, cant wait. Somehow the dealer had convinced himself that they included free paint and interior protection (GardX). Not going to stop him off he wants to crack on! I think you had some form of treatment applied to yours, have you seen any benefit?

Yeah it did. Not sure to be honest. They have it to me at knock down rates so I took it in the end. It won't stop scratches, but it might stop bird dropping etching and other chemical fallout, so worth it in the long run I guess

Make sure you post loads of pictures

IMG 0112
IMG 0111
IMG 0114
IMG 0113
Finally, it's here!

Collection was good...except, very minor scratch on front of bonnet :fearful:. 35 mins later the detailer had sorted it.

Car is simply awesome. It will take me a long time to work out what everything does! Only light niggle so far is the "seat belt rattling giants passenger seat" issue which I have seen a few people mention.

More playing tomorrow, but it would be rude of me not to put up a few pics..

Reactions: Faisal_s5, orcomma, R.A.G and 3 others
Congrats. Stunning! Can't wait for mine! Enjoy it you have a good week forecast- weather wise.

Yes, I plan to! The colour really stands out in the sun, very happy with it. In my opinion, the car looks even nicer in the flesh as it were.

Reactions: Joetidman
Very lovely mate!! Congrats

So, only had the car 10 days and was unlucky enough to pick up a stone chip in the windscreen today- very annoying. Having looked at guidelines on auto glass, I think it's borderline whether it will be repairable or not. Any one may experience of this - how much is a repair, and how much for a new windscreen. If a new windscreen needed, what to look about for? There is a lot of stuff attached to it round the rear view mirror, hope they can make it like new if they need to do it.

IMG 1292

That looks fixable. They inject a clear resin that seals it. If not most insurers let you claim for £70 excess and no no-claims loss

Any update btw on how you find the car?

So, only had the car 10 days and was unlucky enough to pick up a stone chip in the windscreen today- very annoying. Having looked at guidelines on auto glass, I think it's borderline whether it will be repairable or not. Any one may experience of this - how much is a repair, and how much for a new windscreen. If a new windscreen needed, what to look about for? There is a lot of stuff attached to it round the rear view mirror, hope they can make it like new if they need to do it.

View attachment 127424

Sorry to see that mate! I've had this happen to a number of new cars, from experience it's down to who they (generally Autoglass) send out as to whether they'll push you for a replacement or give the repair a go!
Either way it shouldn't cost you more than about £75 for a replacement under your insurance cover, just make sure they use an Audi spec replacement. Repairs, if they'll do it, are generally FOC via insurance, neither option will affect your NCB.

I'd be inclined to push for a repair on a car this new, replacing a screen is pretty invasive stuff and it's the luck of the draw how good the tech is that carries it out, there's also a very good chance it will happen again given the state of our roads.

I've repaired a few myself now with pretty good results, the kits are readily available on the well known auction site for about a tenner and it's pretty simple stuff to carry out.

If they won't repair it I'd have a crack yourself (pardon the pun!), you've only got a tenner to lose, based on your picture it looks well worth a go.

Good luck with it.

Yeah, hopefully it's fixable. According to autoglass website they won't fix anything over 1cm in 'zone a' , i.e straight in front of the driver, which this is. Will call them out, see what they say.

As for the car, I am loving it. I really like how it can go from comfortable smooth cruiser to a growling menace! Taking it easy so far while runing it in, even managed average 35mpg on a motorway run to Nottingham today, which I was impressed with. Had drive select on auto, which on reflection probably means it does put it in economical mode - this may also explain why I am finding the throttle response less quick than the beemer. Or maybe it was just the extra torque the diesel had, but it did seem to shove you in the back as soon as you put your foot down, in the Audi there is more lag and power delivery very different. However I suspect if I had in dynamic the effect would be less pronounced!

The tech is great, love how iPhone connects properly, was a pain in the *** in BMW, couldn't Bluetooth music or anything. I did get myself confused with the google earth maps - I had assumed that a red road meant heavy traffic, like on the iPhone maps app..but no, it just means an A road. First trip I was taking a big diversion to avoid the traffic!! Haven't figured out how busy traffic is shown yet

Still finding the passenger seat belt rattles against the passenger seat which is irritating, but traced a rattle in the back to the parcel shelf not being clipped on properly.

Looking forward to having a trio without the family in, after engine run in and then I can really have some fun!

Sorry to see that mate! I've had this happen to a number of new cars, from experience it's down to who they (generally Autoglass) send out as to whether they'll push you for a replacement or give the repair a go!
Either way it shouldn't cost you more than about £75 for a replacement under your insurance cover, just make sure they use an Audi spec replacement. Repairs, if they'll do it, are generally FOC via insurance, neither option will affect your NCB.

I'd be inclined to push for a repair on a car this new, replacing a screen is pretty invasive stuff and it's the luck of the draw how good the tech is that carries it out, there's also a very good chance it will happen again given the state of our roads.

I've repaired a few myself now with pretty good results, the kits are readily available on the well known auction site for about a tenner and it's pretty simple stuff to carry out.

If they won't repair it I'd have a crack yourself (pardon the pun!), you've only got a tenner to lose, based on your picture it looks well worth a go.

Good luck with it.
Cheers R.A.G

I did actually look up self repair kits earlier..might be an option! Like you say, new screen is a pretty invasive bit of work and with all the stuff and sensors attached to it I wouldn't be worried about the quality of repair.

Should I contact autoglass to come look at it, or di it via insurance company in the first instance?

It's probably worth getting pre approval from your insurance company first, but they'll probably tell you to call Autoglass direct anyway.

Definitely nothing to lose by getting them out to look at it, if they can repair it great, if they start talking about needing to replace the screen it's worth having a go at the repair yourself first. I've done it myself at least three times now, it's never a completely invisible repair but I'd say it's up to an 80 - 90% improvement which has always done the job for me.

Car looks stunning and great review. I've read quite a bit about the throttle lag - assume the same that it's ok in dynamic?
My car has finally arrived at the dealers and I pick it up on Friday 16th. Gone for navarra blue as well!

With regards to the chip - agree with R.A.G. Call autoglass to come and take a look.

Car looks stunning and great review. I've read quite a bit about the throttle lag - assume the same that it's ok in dynamic?
My car has finally arrived at the dealers and I pick it up on Friday 16th. Gone for navarra blue as well!

With regards to the chip - agree with R.A.G. Call autoglass to come and take a look.

Having passed 1000miles, I can confirm that throttle response is pretty sharp in dynamic, and certainly is sport (to the point where smooth slow speed movement requires concentration). In D mode it can be a bit lazy for me

Question. How long does it take for the S5 to arrive. My car goes in to production on the 19th june. When can i realistically expect it to be handover?

Hi!
Well mine left the factory on the 20th of May and in 2ish weeks time all that happened it arrived in the port and its waiting for the ship. Others say it arrived from the factory to the dealer in 2 weeks, but who knows, basically from 2 week to 5 weeks, god knows.

Also, my S5 took 5 weeks to build, they argued it takes that long, because it has so many options on it, meh. But 2-5 weeks of build time is also something to keep in mind.

Question. How long does it take for the S5 to arrive. My car goes in to production on the 19th june. When can i realistically expect it to be handover?

Mine took approx 4 weeks from start of production to me taking ownership. It seems some take longer, some come quicker, I was pleased with 4 weeks from what I have read for other peoples experiences. Can get stuck in QC or at the ports. I think if you assume end of July you won't be far wrong!

It's probably worth getting pre approval from your insurance company first, but they'll probably tell you to call Autoglass direct anyway.

Definitely nothing to lose by getting them out to look at it, if they can repair it great, if they start talking about needing to replace the screen it's worth having a go at the repair yourself first. I've done it myself at least three times now, it's never a completely invisible repair but I'd say it's up to an 80 - 90% improvement which has always done the job for me.

Rang the insurers, pressed the option for glass cover and got put through directly to autoglass! They are coming Friday on the basis of doing a repair. They even text you a link to upload photos f the damage seems a 2 pence piece is the critical barometer for repairable or not! Will let you know how I get on, really don't like the idea of a replacement windscreen in my lovely brand new car1

Rang the insurers, pressed the option for glass cover and got put through directly to autoglass! They are coming Friday on the basis of doing a repair. They even text you a link to upload photos f the damage seems a 2 pence piece is the critical barometer for repairable or not! Will let you know how I get on, really don't like the idea of a replacement windscreen in my lovely brand new car1

Fingers crossed you get a good tech who will repair it, definetly avoid replacement! Best of luck with it.

I'm sure I read somewhere if you have the windscreen replaced you have to recalibrate the camera - something only Audi can do?

Definitely push for a repair if you can - such bad luck :(

Good news - autoglass managed a repair. The guy thought there was a risk of making it worse because of the cracks but gave it ago, end result isn't bad. It is still visible - blurry patch in the chipped bit and the resin hasn't permutated right along the cracks, so they are visible still in the sunlight, but big improvement over what it was, and I am certainly happier to live with that than have a new windscreen at such an era,y stage in the cars life

The technician said that if they replace windscreen they charge an extra 250 quid to recalibrate the camera ( and that Audi charge about 500) - and not all insurers cover that!

While I thought I was unlucky to get a chip after only 10 days, I was told by the guy he did a merc with 8 miles on the clock! They gfamaged it with the straps taking it off the lorry..unlucky! Also he said that they often get called to dealers to do cars that have been delivered and picked up chips on the lorry from the port. So even with a brand new car it may well be the windscreen has been replaced already.

Reactions: Joetidman
Good news - autoglass managed a repair. The guy thought there was a risk of making it worse because of the cracks but gave it ago, end result isn't bad. It is still visible - blurry patch in the chipped bit and the resin hasn't permutated right along the cracks, so they are visible still in the sunlight, but big improvement over what it was, and I am certainly happier to live with that than have a new windscreen at such an era,y stage in the cars life

The technician said that if they replace windscreen they charge an extra 250 quid to recalibrate the camera ( and that Audi charge about 500) - and not all insurers cover that!

While I thought I was unlucky to get a chip after only 10 days, I was told by the guy he did a merc with 8 miles on the clock! They gfamaged it with the straps taking it off the lorry..unlucky! Also he said that they often get called to dealers to do cars that have been delivered and picked up chips on the lorry from the port. So even with a brand new car it may well be the windscreen has been replaced already.

Result! At least now if you pick up another chip at any point it won't be quite as painful as if you'd had the screen replaced, it's such a common occurance with the state of UK roads these days.

The repair will always be more visible to you as you know where it was, so you're kind of looking for it. You should ask someone that never saw the original damage to see if they can spot it.

Good news though mate, I'd be far happier with that outcome, but interesting point about the pre PDI repairs, I guess what you never know doesn't hurt you lol!