Button pressed....!

Ridders71

Reaction score
After much deliberation, a test drive, review reading and dealership negotiations I have finally pressed the button and ordered an S5 sportback. Gone for Navarra blue ( though still might change!), light and vision pack, adaptive dampers and flat bottom wheel. Those were the must have options for me, everything else I can live without. Now for the eternal waiting....!

Reactions: Scottyg, THQuattro, Joetidman and 1 other person
Congrats! The wait is horrendous, I won't lie, but certainly worth it :)

Congrats. Im also s5 sportback navarra blue. Waiting is horrendous....order mine back in nov and current build date is april, but has changed a few times.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I am 95 percent certain on the Navarra blue, it does look good and identifies it as the s version...though sometimes think ' do I want a navy car'?! Daytona and manhatten grey both also look good. Real shame they don't do it in the Ara blue!

The problem with navarra blue is that it looks very similar to scuba blue which is available on non s models. So although technically its exclusive for s cars, the average person cant really tell the difference which is a little irritating.

Congratulations, now like me, the long wait begins! Navarra seems like a popular choice and I agree with all the comments. I think it's a nice rich and deep blue actually and I'm happy with it. I would have liked sepang, but there are loads of audi's around in that colour now so not as exclusive as it was. TBH, I like my car to look premium, and a bit under the radar, rather than 'look at me' so it suits, and when I saw the S4 in the showroom clean and under strong lights it looked superb, so I think come the summer it will still turn some heads (especially when they hear the exhaust noise!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I like that the colour is subtle rather than garish. The coupe I test drove looked great in the sun, but daw it again today at dealers parked outside, very grey and rainy, and color still looked good.

Found this little clip of what we have to look forward to....

Reactions: Joetidman
That does look quite stunning

Finally got "youraudi" up an running. Oder received at factory, built date is week commencing 17th April. That's two weeks earlier than dealer had said originally. I am guessing it will mean delivery late May. Now to try and resist checking constantly..

What details do you need for your Audi to work?

Just your order number ( an 8 digit number) and your postcode. You need to register first also. You should get an email from Audi U.K. With the details. Mine has taken just over a week to work, initially kept getting a ' does not match our records' message, but started to work yesterday after I had the email from Audi uk confirming build date

Ah ok, I've tried what I think is the number but getting the error message right now. I will double check the number with the dealer, thanks!

I thought i must have the wrong number, but it turned out i just had to wait until it was booked onto the production line. Imagine yours will be around the same time as ordered on the same day.

I am already wondering if i should add a few more options...!

I'll keep trying then thanks. Yes, I'm options mad! I think it's that when I'm stuck in traffic on the M25, I like to have some toys to play with to keep me entertained. You don't need any options when you're flying down a decent A road though ;)

Already bored of waiting...finding videos like this isn't helping!

Sounds a lovely car - Navarra Blue is what I would go for although Misano Red is a close second !!

Build date slipped from 17th April to 8th may...another 3 weeks onto the agonising wait :anguished:

How's yours coming on Joetidman?

Supposedly it was built last week and is now on its way to ebden...however keep getting mixed information from Audi so I won't count my chickens!

Supposedly it was built last week and is now on its way to ebden...however keep getting mixed information from Audi so I won't count my chickens!

I was told to ignore the tracker. Mine says it's left Ingolstadt, but its build date was 13 march, so doubtful it could have gone from build through QC and leaving Ingolstadt in less than a week.

Oops - it makes you wonder what happened - the air bags have deployed so not exactly a small impact.

No doubt someone will have lost their job over that...

Doubt it's been recorded as CatD or similar, given that it's not even been registered yet.
That is worrying if the law has such a loophole. I noticed that there seems to be some internal trim damage yet externally the roof seems OK?

So, after showing a build date of 1st may for several weeks, your Audi today showing 'Preparation'. Excitement building. I am guessing from what I have seen elsewhere, that another 6 weeks or so before I get my mitts on it?

Yes I would say so. My 'youraudi' didn't work for a long time, but my status 20 (prep) was 28th Feb, and I'm picking up Monday (17th April), so I guess that is about 7 weeks total (my build week started 6th March)

So finally my car has been built and is on its way to Ebden, according to both the youraudi tracker and the dealer, so must be true! And not before time, I have exhausted every YouTube video and review and really just want my new toy now

Trying to resist the urge to now work out which ship it will go on etc. I am guessing about 3-4 weeks before I can pick up - what's other people's experience on this timescale?

Yes 3-4 weeks, depends on pure luck on when it gets put on a boat, can be less than 2 wk wait at the docks.

Why did you go for Adaptive dampers, did you try a car with both? I only tried a S/B without it and took the salesmans's advice that he couldn't feel the difference and I don't do enough miles per year to spend £900 on it. Likewise why a flat bottom wheel, I prefer a round wheel when manoeuvring?

Hopefully I will get lucky with boats, we will see.

I think I probably worried myself into going for the adaptive dampers!.Many of the journeys in the car are family ones and I wanted to make sure it was 'comfortable' enough. I am unsure how much of a difference it will make, but most reviews suggested it was worth having. I am coming from BMW 3 series, which although is m-sport, it has x-drive and therefor only standard suspension, not sports. I thought the transition to full on sports might be too much.

As for the flat bottom wheel, I just thought it looked cool! One i test drove had it and it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be.

There was also a little "man maths"in my option selections, I thought I would include ones that might help when selling on in 3 years.

I'm afraid spec. does nothing for residuals in 3 yrs time, especially as the S5 has a decent spec as standard. The more options the easier it is for the dealer to sell.

Yeah options mean nothing to return value, which is why I always advise getting the ones you want and then not worrying about it!

Talking of which now you've got your S5 what do you think of Driver Assist. Tour, Adaptive dampers and Sports diff. They're all expensive options (3,400 in all) so would you buy them next time around?

I'm afraid spec. does nothing for residuals in 3 yrs time, especially as the S5 has a decent spec as standard. The more options the easier it is for the dealer to sell.
yeah, I figured that, hence the 'man maths' bit..Unfounded justification...!

Also why I didn't go overboard with options. I have managed to drive perfectly well for many years without all the fancy driver aids, so didn't bother with them.

Talking of which now you've got your S5 what do you think of Driver Assist. Tour, Adaptive dampers and Sports diff. They're all expensive options (3,400 in all) so would you buy them next time around?

Yep definitely! I've just written up a mini review in my thread if you want a read. Sports diff I'm testing next now I can use full throttle, but the others are well worth it. Ride much more composed and the ACC is a must if you do motorway miles and sit in traffic a lot (both of which I do)

Yep definitely! I've just written up a mini review in my thread if you want a read. Sports diff I'm testing next now I can use full throttle, but the others are well worth it. Ride much more composed and the ACC is a must if you do motorway miles and sit in traffic a lot (both of which I do)

Thanks Joe, await the results of your Sports Diff test then with interest.
When you say ride much more composed, is this coming from the S3 with or without adaptive, or have you driven a S5 with and without the Adaptive. Having had this on previous cars I tended to leave it one setting, the softest. When I drove the demo S5 I felt the ride was better than my present car in Comfort so good enough. The salesmen at my dealer said they have driven with and without and can't tell the difference.
With the ACC can you explain what aspect of it is a must for you, does it warn you and slow you down with auto braking when there is a jam ahead?

Thanks Joe, await the results of your Sports Diff test then with interest.
When you say ride much more composed, is this coming from the S3 with or without adaptive, or have you driven a S5 with and without the Adaptive. Having had this on previous cars I tended to leave it one setting, the softest. When I drove the demo S5 I felt the ride was better than my present car in Comfort so good enough. The salesmen at my dealer said they have driven with and without and can't tell the difference.
With the ACC can you explain what aspect of it is a must for you, does it warn you and slow you down with auto braking when there is a jam ahead?

My S3 had adaptive dampers. It was fine on normal roads with good tarmac, but road humps (especially the small ones) unsettled it (and comfort setting was worse!) I've driven the S5 without dampers (the demo car) and I'd say it was similar to the S3 with dampers, which is to say ok but not amazing. ACC is great at flowing traffic where it is moving from say 30mph to 80mph. With the right settings, the car can pretty much adjust the speed perfectly and along with the side assist, means you barely need to touch the steering wheel at all (I give it a tiny tug 3-4 times a minute) I've driven 30-40 miles barely touching the wheel and not touching the pedal at all. It does warn you if the traffic is slowing so fast it can't cope, and you do always need to be aware, but it makes crap traffic much easier on the body and brain