Burp noise from engine on acceleration

Meza

Reaction score
Guys, I've got a strange noise that I can't work out on my S3 210bhp.
When I get back on the gas after changing gear, or when starting to accelerate I get a funny burp kind of noise. The best I can describe it as is a frog doing a croak(?!). Sounds like it could be a dodgy valve, or a plastic panel in the engine bay vibrating against something.

Any ideas?

sounds too me like you diverter valve (recirc valve-dump valve) whatever you wanna call it has split,remove the engine cover and you will see it in the righthand side top corner of your engine bay .hope this helps

I got a 12 month warranty when I bought the car, does anyone know if I could get this valve replaced under that?

probably not mate,warranty is usually driveline not auxillary,,you could pick up a standard bosch one cheap on ebay,failing that i have one i had fitted on my s3,i replaced it with a bailey valve which is better,but if you want a standard one and you can have mine for £15.

yeah thats typically not a warranty piece. you can buy the oem 710 version of the diverter valve which is the more durable of the oem choices.

its relativly common for the stock valve to fail.

Ok, I've replaced the OE valve with a Forge 007... but the burp is still there.

I was thinking, if it burps as I get on the power, about 1.5k - could it be the wastegate (is that the valve that shuts/opens to send the exhaust thru the turbo?)?

Wow that’s a thirteen year old post and Meza hasn’t been on this site since 2008 so you’re unlikely to get a response :-(

Reactions: b2
holy-thread-resurrection.jpg