Burnt out 65 plate S3 - Not for feint hearted

jaypers777

Reaction score
Sadly saw this in Manchester today. No doubt the work of scumbags. Horrendous.
IMG 1579
IMG 1580
IMG 1577

Attachments

• IMG_1576.JPG
    IMG_1576.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 677
Only registered 2nd Dec too!

Reactions: Bainie
The only consolation is that it will be replaced for another new one...better than getting a damaged/repair back!

What if they didn't have gap? its got to be the biggest must it think.

The only consolation is that it will be replaced for another new one...better than getting a damaged/repair back!

Most normal insurance also covers for the first 12 months.

Reactions: Scottyg
Was it stolen? or just a case of going too fast.:sadlike:
Really feel for the owner..:concern:

Was it stolen? or just a case of going too fast.:sadlike:
Really feel for the owner..:concern:
It was situated in a huge roundabout in an area where I can't imagine any great speed could have been involved......also right outside a pub. Thing that struck me was the melted sunroof and the red brake calipers, so it was clearly a spec'd up pride and joy for someone.

It was situated in a huge roundabout in an area where I can't imagine any great speed could have been involved......also right outside a pub. Thing that struck me was the melted sunroof and the red brake calipers, so it was clearly a spec'd up pride and joy for someone.
Poor ******....

People tend to speed up the hill past b&q and lose it on their way down, there's previously been an accident there too earlier this year

Wonder if it understeered ....... :sadlike: :laughing:

:p

Reactions: Matthew_S3, Flibble, Simon L and 7 others
Having read the news article on it and viewed the pictures, I find it extremely difficult to believe that the fire was started by simply crashing into a tree, seems obvious to me that it's been joy-ridden and crashed, then deliberately set on fire.

Reactions: Simon L, gamegenie and Jassyo06
Having read the news article on it and viewed the pictures, I find it extremely difficult to believe that the fire was started by simply crashing into a tree, seems obvious to me that it's been joy-ridden and crashed, then deliberately set on fire.

I'd normally tend to agree with that view, but being in a car that has hit an unmovable object (lamp post) head on I'd say it is possible.

Very hot engine being forced in to various plastic parts at great impact can cause fires. My car didn't catch fire however the smell of burning and smoke coming from the engine bay and through the air vents was enough to make me get out of the car as quickly as I possibly could....

If it was the owner that crashed it I feel for them as its a horrible, horrible experience.

Reactions: veeeight
EU legislation will require all new cars in the next few years to use R1234yf refrigerant.. Guess what - it's highly flammable amd highly toxic when in contact with hot surfaces.

Mercedes refused to go along with this initially, the EU were going to bring about legal proceedings, and only just now, Mercedes have agreed to install it, but pending major revisions to the system in the engine bay to keep the two apart, and a suppressant system in some cases.

http://www.driving.co.uk/news/mercedes-takes-aim-at-toxic-r1234yf-air-conditioning-coolant/

https://www.ihs.com/country-industry-forecasting.html?ID=10659106922

Last edited:
Reactions: Pulp84
EU legislation will require all new cars in the next few years to use R1234yf refrigerant.. Guess what - it's highly flammable amd highly toxic when in contact with hot surfaces.

Mercedes refused to go along with this initially, the EU were going to bring about legal proceedings, and only just now, Mercedes have agreed to install it, but pending major revisions to the system in the engine bay to keep the two apart, and a suppressant system in some cases.

http://www.driving.co.uk/news/mercedes-takes-aim-at-toxic-r1234yf-air-conditioning-coolant/

https://www.ihs.com/country-industry-forecasting.html?ID=10659106922
Intresting article that veeeight.

I am shocked to read that - seems crazy.

They will probably try to use shortcuts,
just like the emissions scandal.

Reactions: Pulp84
Did it have .......................... Monopur I wonder?

Reactions: pburv
All it takes is a ruptured fuel line and you won't be putting any fire out.
Even more so at the very high pressure the TFSi run.
I was mapping a car for a friend once and a new 'ebay !!!!!!' braided fuel line split. The 3 Bar of fuel pressure (which is a lot less then the TFSi runs) just pumped the fuel all over a very hot turbo and continued too even after a fire extinguisher had been full deployed.

The car ended up as above before the fire service even got there.

Might have GAP insurance, couldn't afford it or didn't want it anymore. Easier to have it stolen and burnt out than lost £6k depreciation. you never know! :neutral:

I know sepango bleu is a desirable colour, but really ... :whistle2:

Seriously tho'. Do we know whether this particular S3 SB was stolen?

Reactions: Simon L
I know sepango bleu is a desirable colour, but really ... :whistle2:

Seriously thro'. Do we know whether this particular S3 SB was stolen?

.............well either that or the owner was trying to light a BBQ on the back seat!!

I must admit when I bought mine the salesman said its a very nick able car.

Great shame for the owner.

Re the forces involved in a crash....

This is a small overlap crash - (the S3 crash above looks to be at higher speed) -

yet in this video, watch at 0'48" for the large heavy battery being launched out of the front of the car.

Ruptured HP fuel lines spraying on to hot surfaces is easily achieved.

Reactions: xpoweruk
assh0les!! cant stand seeing this