burning after hard acceleration

Zaac

Reaction score
After i accelerate off the line hard up to 80 by the time i get there it's burning the brakes out!? they start smoking really bad!?

I had a similar issue to this many many years ago with a Ford Capri. The brakes would be sticking on and dragging during niormal driving but try and accelerate hard it would exaggerate the problem. In the end I went to the breakers yard and bought a servo and master cylinder and swapped them both over. Fixed the problem.
I think it's a vacuum leak on the servo, If the seals leak they can let air into the servo which will partially cause the brakes to drag. more vacuum will cause more dragging.

Power Brakes - Vacuum Assist - Explained - YouTube

Karl

Reactions: BakPak
I've tried leak testing everything and no leaks at all. It's weird because normal driving there will intermittently be no power and the fuel economy is a joke it's like its a non turbo 1 second then next second it's back

looking at live data i've got cyclinder 1 at -0.8 cyclinder 2 -2.0 cyclinder 3 0.5 cyclinder 4 2.50 so its all over the place its been in the garage today and feels like a fuel starvation problem the chap said. also when i switch off and leave it for a minute and try to fire up it will turn over after a few turns and then cut out but first thing in the morning first turn of the key and it's fired up ready to go it's so confusing.

We definitely have a similar issue which still evades me

If the brakes are coming on and off randomly then the car will feel slow. Try disconnecting the vacuum supply to the brake servo. The brakes will still work but you will need to press the pedal a lot harder. When you disconnect the vacuum pipe from the servo you will need to plug the end of the pipe otherwise you will have other issues with the engine running.
Sounds to me you have a few different issues with the car.

Karl.