Burgundy red paint polish?

sidibear

Going with the flow.
Staff member
Reaction score
My mum in law has a burgundyish 80 Coupe and to be honest its covered in scratches, not all deep, and it has a lot of swirls etc.
What would be the best thing to use on it to try and cover up as many marks as possible?

Would blackhole work on this colour as well as it does on dark / black colours?

This weekend just gone we went over it with A/G ultra deep, ( I know, I am now trying to use it up !) and covered it with Megs NXT. It does need clay barring at some stage as the paint is like fine sandpaper. Once we get that done we will need a good polish with fillers.
Anyone any suggestions?

If your not going to attempt to remove the marks then a filler heavy polished as you've mentioned is your best bet. Something like blackhole or autogym super resin polish should improve the look of the paintwork.

I'd spend quite a bit of time decontaminating the paint before polishing to get best results. De-tar (Autosmart tardis), iron fallout remover (orchard autocare iron cleanse), and then clay the entire car.

Polish

And then seal with a decent wax

WTF did you click dislike for my post that you have previously answered? :uhm:

Did I not thank you quick enough or something? :laugh:

Last edited:
Sorry bro, only seeing this now!

Must have clicked dislike by accident, no hard feelings haha:wub:

Ha, infidel, I fart in your general direction :moa:

To be honest it could do with a respray, and the small damage repaired on the passenger door where she hit a bollard while parking. The paintwork is not in perfect condition, I just wanted it to look better than it does. There are a lot of minor scratches that are down to primer and I just wanted to cover them up the best I could.
De tarring sounds a really good idea. We washed the car and polished with my cheapy da and the polish was pulling dirt out of the paint.
It looked 50 times better once we had finished, but as you know, once you are done you look at it and think, it could maybe be a bit better. And so starts the endless cycle that is detailing :)