BurgoS3 Finally where I want it to be with a TTE420....Eventually

Sounds like a great result! Is the car running OK with stock map and RS3 injectors? I'm just thinking about how I can swing the injector install and mapping at Rick's.

Also, that's quite a bit of carbon in there. Are you planning to clean that out?

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Yeah it's running fine, took it on a 100 mile test drive today and no problems.

I did think about the carbon build up but I've not really got the time to be pulling the head off to clean them yet as the Mrs is expecting our 1st mid Jan so I don't want the car in bits and then getting the dreaded call off her and having to leave the car in Germany in pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: leshkin
I have a feeling you'll have more to worry about after Jan than some carbon buildup

All the best with the little one.

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Reactions: BurgoS3
Looks like that injector was leaking, think you have pretty much sussed it.

When is the car back in the UK? My usual method of Remote tuning won't work, as your ECU has read disabled, but I have another method.

Rick

So Rick managed to find a way to remotely map the car with a view to me sending him boost logs etc but the mrs going in to early labour I didn't have a chance to and I set off back to the uk for the arrival of my baby girl. I made it in time for birth. Once things settled down I got back in touch with rick and booked in for him to tweak the map. However this didn't go to plan as during the night before my session he unfortunately had his cars stolen with some of his tuning gear in. At this point I didn't know when rick would be back up and running so I booked in with r-tech which was a 6 week wait. Rick got in touch a couple of weeks later and said he'd borrowed some equipment so he could work also one of his cars had been recovered. The day before it was due at unicorn I took the car to awesome for a full health check as well as smoke, compression and leak down tests, all was fine so proceeded to unicorn the next day. While on the dyno the car started to run a little rough when at idle at times it was as if it was a pcv failure but this couldn't be the case as I was running a forge catch can, I checked over al the hoses and emptied the canister and rick carried on with the tuning. The car was struggling to take timing and no matter what was tried the car would only make 380bhp and similar torque. It was suggested that maybe cat had become damaged and was restricting flow. He sent the logs to Niki at r-tech and he suggested the same.
The car was starting to get on my nerves a bit now as it seemed I would never get it running right.

My appointment with r-tech was a couple of weeks away so figured I'd try and eliminate any possible problems so I swapped the downpipe for one with a decat, upon inspection the cat was found to be in great condition, which isn't really what I wanted, I decided to keep the de-cat on. I also wanted to get to the bottom of the intermittent rough idling so decided to swap the catch can kit for the r tech full pcv delete. This made no difference though but figured I'd keep it on to prevent the valves coking up. I also wanted to fit a multi gauge so I could keep an eye on more parameters while using the car. I opted for the P3 gauge with the analogue boost sensor and love it how oem it looks and the information it provides
5ecf1edb37eeea045ecec380c9f37bd1.jpg

I also picked up a xenons RS3 grill and fitted it
6114a81c5c95085f1532906e862974fb.jpg

I dropped the car off at r tech and explained the issues so far. A couple of days later they called me and told me the bung and the clip that hold it in on the intake manifold where the runner flaps used to be was missing. That was the issue causing the rough idle, a quick call to AKS tuning and a new rfd kit and intake manifold clip was sent to r tech.

A week later a got a call to say the car was done, 421bhp & 407 lb.ft
7944b525c6e3025e793f379f7700abff.jpg

bcceb9c5bfd9d59b8ac8dd24a20e9844.jpg

I was more than happy with those results so jumped on the train the next day. Niki went through everything that he did and he also said that the car didn't like to take timing, he took me out for a blast in it and I could tell straight away it felt like a different car, he also went through the map switching, launch control and flat shifting that he also added. He also said there is more to be had from it as the power will start to tail off once the intake temp get above 25 deg. And suggested a meth kit would solve this problem.

The 2.5 hour drive home was amazing especially going over the snake pass. The car was once again putting a smile on my face knowing it was now finally producing what I expected to be when I 1st bought the tte420 over 6 months ago.

Knowing there is a way of getting more consistent/more power I've ordered a meth kit and a cts throttle pipe which turned up today. I just need to get it fitted and then get it mapped in but it probably won't be for a couple of months as I'm back to work next week. I want to try and get my car on the dyno at unicorn before then too.

14a4d1d92b23434575fad6de608ce602.jpg

As mentioned earlier I had a baby girl so this made the mrs want a bigger car than her x1. She also said that the S3 could stay. We decided on a SQ5 plus
84d8485557280ea6d3c7e0e7d2b59c0c.jpg

This was a great car and the performance/practicality amazing. However thanks to this forum I discovered that it was indeed just an SQ5 and not a plus. I went back to the dealer and after a bit of negotiation they agreed to find me a SQ5 plus as the first car had been missold to us. I picked it up yesterday 340bhp and 750 NM it fair to say it can shift. Before I took the SQ5 back I swapped the rear wiper with mine
213c022a1f0c515a04b6a3d753056bee.jpg

920757445cc310b6d995e8cb897ffce5.jpg

I have also managed to source a set of recaro wingbacks for a decent price that I'm picking up on Sunday

Reactions: THQuattro, leshkin, S. and 2 others
I picked my recaros up at the weekend and they add to the driving experience. I'm in my may to Germany now for work for six weeks so going to try and sneak off to the ring

Reactions: THQuattro, HHS3 and leshkin
First time ive seen this. Sounds like an absolute pain at first pal with not only your s3 but the sq5 as well. Then the car didnt seem to like being tinkered with. But finally got there in thee end. Still waiting for my trip out like :)

Blimey mate the ups and downs of car ownership, great work with the S3.

First time ive seen this. Sounds like an absolute pain at first pal with not only your s3 but the sq5 as well. Then the car didnt seem to like being tinkered with. But finally got there in thee end. Still waiting for my trip out like :)

Don't worry mate, will take you for a blast in a few weeks when I'm back. Will you be at stage 2 + then?

Blimey mate the ups and downs of car ownership, great work with the S3.

Cheers mate. Yeah it's been fun and infuriating at times but I guess that's why we do it. I'm still not sure whether to fit the wmi kit or not

Reactions: THQuattro
Cheers mate. Yeah it's been fun and infuriating at times but I guess that's why we do it. I'm still not sure whether to fit the wmi kit or not

Will it give you 20% more bhp, if safe then i would.

I thought about WMI, but then it would not be in keeping with what my car is about. It does help to keep the engine running better at the limit if done right, but I couldn't live with filling it up with water meth all of the time.

Reactions: Dan-Jnr and Rob C
I thought about WMI, but then it would not be in keeping with what my car is about. It does help to keep the engine running better at the limit if done right, but I couldn't live with filling it up with water meth all of the time.

It wouldn't be a meth dependent tune I'd get on it. As I only want to use it for cooling purposes to keep the intake temps down. I'm just wondering if there is a way for it to activate say when the intake temps go above 25 deg, which doesn't happen too often so then won't be topping up the tank all the time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So an interesting day today, I came off a roundabout today in 2nd put my foot down a bit and it just seemed to stop pulling after 3500 revs, I changed up but it was like the car went into limp mode. I got home and scanned it with my pro scan and got 00564 selection lever e313 sporadic 001- upper limit exceeded. I took off my intake and engine cover, I could see that the retaining clip for the shift linkage has a piece of plastic snapped off, it's the white piece in the pics below. Should hopefully pick up a new clip tomorrow
View attachment 88442
View attachment 88443

I then drove it to my local garage who scanned it with a snap on diagnostic tool and he got boost pressure regulation limit exceeded (over boost condition) p0234 upper limit reached. I've done a fair bit of research online about this fault and it seems to be common on turbo diesels with a fault with the turbo being stuck or clogged up. Even resulting with the turbo needing replaced.Has anybody else had this on an s3. I noticed I had a couple of misfires last night and had planned to change the spark plugs today before this happened. I got it reset and headed home with caution and haven't had a chance to do anymore testing

I've pm'd a couple of vcds user near by as I want to know what the fault is and go from there hopefully not a new turbo, there isn't any unusual noise coming from the turbo when running, apart from a couple of misfires its ran smooth since going to stage 2+ last week.

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Sorry to jump on but would you say the p0234 overboost code was down to your injectors? It's ok mine has just sprung the same code and I've change the sensors and the turbo that Ross tech recommend and it's still there, it goes in limp mode at 4.5k in 4th gear so I'm wondering if I've got a faulty injectors too.

Sorry to jump on but would you say the p0234 overboost code was down to your injectors? It's ok mine has just sprung the same code and I've change the sensors and the turbo that Ross tech recommend and it's still there, it goes in limp mode at 4.5k in 4th gear so I'm wondering if I've got a faulty injectors too.

Hi no worries. The p0234 code never came back again. I only started to get mis fires after I fitted the tte420 and the culprit was an injector. What car is you have?

Aaron, glad you got it sorted in the end - get it down so we can get a power run :)

Rick

Yeah I will be back in the uk in a few weeks so I'll pop in for a power run, I tried before to get in before coming away again his time but couldn't find the time. Be interesting to get the sq5 on the dyno too

Reactions: S3Alex
Hi no worries. The p0234 code never came back again. I only started to get mis fires after I fitted the tte420 and the culprit was an injector. What car is you have?

2007 S3 I've just had a new turbo fitted and a loba hpfp in the hope I can get this sorted, it seems to pull better in all gears but it just seems to die if I'm on full boost in 4th but if I turn the engine off and back on it drives normal again

2007 S3 I've just had a new turbo fitted and a loba hpfp in the hope I can get this sorted, it seems to pull better in all gears but it just seems to die if I'm on full boost in 4th but if I turn the engine off and back on it drives normal

Have you scanned it to see if there are any mis fires and if so which cylinder it's on and then swapped coils and plugs to see if the fault transfers over. Also worth doing a boost leak test as well as compression and leak down tests

From what I read it was only on diesels that the code applied too that suggested changing the turbo or cleaning the vanes on it

I haven't if I'm honest, a guy at my work has vcds but we don't really know how to do everything on there so I wouldn't know how to a scan for misfires When I took my turbo off the blades on the rotor were white and my turbo guy said this was down to running hot which he said was due to not running enough fuel? This is where the hpfp comes in. I've only had the car a few months and it was already mapped. I'm thinking of just taking it to RTECH and asking them to do what it needs and having a stage 2+ map done.

In a few weeks erm maybe. Maybe not though as well. Am waiting to find out my rest day pattern at work and then will have see if ricks available

Just a bit of an update, I have really been enjoying the car and taking it for lots of blasts over the snake pass and woodhead road. It still amazes me what the car can do. Anyway when I fitted my RS3 grill a few month back I noticed my ac condenser was quite badly damaged so I figured I should replace it as well as to remove the polystyrene strip that sits between the grill and the crash bar. The job took a lot longer than I planned, I basically had to take the whole front end. Once I had it off I opened the box of the new condenser to find that it was a silver one so I had to spray it black and let it dry over night. I also did a coolant flush, it was also time consuming getting all the air out of the system. I'm off to get my ac regarded today and then all should be good

Reactions: S3Alex and leshkin
Looks to big of a job for me haha

Reactions: lfcrule1972 and S.
Any updates?

Bit cheeky Audi selling you an SQ5 and selling it as an SQ5 Plus!!!

I got the car back today after getting my wheels done. Decided to get them done as they needed a refurb especially after severely curbing one avoiding a neighbours dog. I’m really pleased with them and the look that they give the car. I also got the rear calipers done to match the front. I used platinum coatings in Trafford who where very reasonable and offered a great service
. The pics don’t really do them justice, I went for a gloss black with a diamond cut finish

9ca46d97c34f2ad23d8f56afc6e3fac4.jpg
9d6b5162efa79b34bd399db04401fc40.jpg
346dc327f46a34baaa5f9c7bf8c915f3.jpg
3b4c018fe41eb94973cbebcacc30c669.jpg
2bacd6219617c59791dbd15b3d2518ad.jpg

Reactions: HHS3, AndyWin and leshkin
After owning my S3 for nearly 2.5 I figured I'd share my experience with it. This is the first car that I have ever done any sort of modifications to so it's been an enjoyable learning curve

I'll start with brief description of my car history
1. Vauxhall Astra 1.6 sxi being my first ever car I confused confidence with driving ability and ended up writing this off with just 5000 miles on the clock

2. After writing the Astra off I used the insurance money to buy an Audi TT mk1 225 Quattro and to pay the astromonical insurance. I had this a couple of years and throughly enjoyed it until I sold it prior to moving to Australia

3. While in OZ I got my self a 2010 Ford falcon xr6 which was great until it rained or came to a corner

4. Upon returning to the UK I got myself a 57 plate S3 which again I thought was fantastic for the 6 days that I had it until the cam chain went and wiped out the engine. After a couple of months I managed to get my money back from the dealer.

5. After my previous experience I really enjoyed the S3 so I wasn't detered and knew that I wanted another one. Luckily I had a bit of windfall at work so decided that I would opt for a newer model with lower mileage and still under warranty. So I managed to pick up 2011 S3 black edition with just 13000 miles on the clock at the start of 2014 so it was still under warranty for 23k,this is still my current car
View attachment 87575 View attachment 87576
I was thrilled with the car and the first thing that I did was to put a full set of Goodyear eagle f1 asymetric 2 on it, I'd never been in a car that had so much grip round the corners. After having the car 6 weeks I got a knock on my front door with 2 burly guys claiming that they where taking the car away as it had outstanding finance on it. My heart sank and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I did a HPI check prior to purchase and it came back as having stock finance on it, I called the finance company to see what it was and was told it was normal for private garages to have stock finance to fund the cars on the forecourt and then its paid off once they sell the car and proof of this should be forwarded to me. I asked for the garage to email me this, which they did. I showed this to the bayliffs as well as my receipt for the vehicle as well as the V5. I called the garage and the number no longer existed and there website was gone. I contacted the finance company and they said the stock finance had not been paid off and the garage had closed and the owner could not be found, so they where collecting all the cars, as well as mine there was an M5, Nissan GTR, Range Rover sport. They also told me that the proof of the finance being paid off was fake. I reluctantly handed the keys over and saw my pride and joy being driven away. I was facing the very real prospect of being £23 k out of pocket. After seeking legal advice and £2k and 3 months later the car was returned me. I've never felt such relief. For anybody thinking this guy hasn't had much luck I'm glad to report it only gets better from here

Shortly after getting the car back I decided that I wanted a bit more from it (mainly due to this forum). So I bought myself a bluefin stage 1 map as I liked the idea of being able to remove it when taking it back to Audi as it was still under warranty and I wanted to keep the car with Full Audi service history. To me the difference was night and day and it put a massive grin on my face and said to myself that I would leave it like this, getting thrown back in my seat was a joy and the throttle response was immense.

After a month or so I felt like I wanted more but was wary of my clutch so I didn't want to go too far. I decided that I'd get a revo intake and pat @LVS Racing sorted me one out at a great price as well as ttrs engine cover. At the same time I also ordered a GFB+ Dv. These mods where easy to fit. The noise from the CAI was amazing and again I noticed an increase in the power and torque I was very happy with the car and said to myself I would leave it like this. I've also recently stuck a gecko and s3 badge on the cover
View attachment 87584
After about a year I felt my clutch slip a couple of times and decided that I would have to bite the bullet and do the clutch. As my warranty was now up I wasn't bothered about getting Oem installed. I regret that although there was a lot of info out there I didn't really take it in when choosing a flywheel and went for the Sachs performance single mass flywheel and clutch kit. It took a while to get used to and is a lot heavier than the OEM and I was concerned with the rattle at idle at first but this died down or I just got used to it but it doesn't bother me anymore. I also decided that I would get a milltek cat back Non resonated exhaust fitted at the same time as the clutch and flywheel. I was happy with the extra noise coming out of the back of the car. Here is where my lack of knowledge of tuning came in. As it was only £50 to update my bluefin to stage 2 I knew that the clutch would be fine and I already had the revo intake, here is the part I oversaw I confused the requirement for a sports cat with having a cat back exhaust. I uploaded the new map and could tell straight away that the car had more pull to it and was really pleased with it. For some reason I woke up one night and it hit me about the mistake I had made with the exhaust. Luckily the car had only done 100 miles on the set up. I removed the stage 2 map and put stage 1 back on. I was due back overseas with work for a couple of months so figured I'd deal with it when I get back

While away I decided that I would order a milltek downpipe, it then hit me that then all I'd need to go to stage 2+ would be a uprated hpfp so I went on the hunt for these items. Ricky @Tsr-performance sorted me out for the 2 items and was really helpful. I was searching the forums about what map to go for and was leaning towards revo as I liked the idea of the spa. I then got in touch with @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev, after great reviews on here and was able to do switchable maps, another plus is that I'm only 20 minutes away from him so I booked myself in for a stage 2 + map for when I got back home.

While still away at work I decided that if I'm going stage 2+ When I get home I should probably do something about the handling. After reading @leshkin build thread and asking him a few questions which he was very happy to answer and I decided that I would order a Yellowspeed big brake kit. I also got in touch with @S3Alex about how his previous rear set up. I opted to go for a set of Mtec grooved and dimpled disks with mintex pads. I then decided to order a set of front and rear H&R anti roll bars. Leshkin then sold having the WALK fitted was also a worthy upgrade to do so I ordered a set of them too. Suspension was then going to be the next thing to look for, I thought about coilovers but decided against them as I would probably end up messing the geometry up and have read that it can be a pain to get it right so I opted for ST Suspension sport suspension kit as I didn't really want the car lowering too much and there is nothing for me get wrong lol, I also ordered some rs3 top mounts and bearings from @mjr901. I then figured I would also get the RS4 return valve just for piece of mind

So I arrived home and i was like a kid at xmas as I came home to all the below

View attachment 87586 View attachment 87587 View attachment 87588 View attachment 87589 View attachment 87590

With time against me I had a week to get all the hardware on before going to rick. My first job was to fit the down pipe, so I could reinstall the blue fin stage 2 on, if only for a week. After finding a guide on this forum I decided to tackle it by myself on my drive on ramps and axle stands, the weather wasn't playing ball as you can see below

View attachment 87623
It wasn't too much of a bad job to do but I will admit I was a bit apprehensive about disconnecting the prob shaft at the front and swinging it over to get the old downpipe out, it was a bit of a wrestle but managed to get it past. The only issue I came across was where the cat back had previously been clamped to the Oem down pipe it had reduced the diameter so it would just not slot in to place. After sticking a white wheel and die grinder on the drill I was able to clean/remove enough from the cat back side for it to just slot on. I also noticed the rubber hangers had started to deteriorate so I cut them off and popped in to the local Audi to get some new ones. Once it was all fitted. I then reload the stage 2 bluefin after I'd let the car run for an hour and retightened the clamps. The difference it made was unreal, it gave the car a lot more growl. When I first put my foot down it flew like it had never done before it was obvious the car could breath much better now as there wasn't as much restriction for the exhaust gas.

Next on the list was to fit the Loba hpfp. I found @warren_S5 guide very helpful and informative. As the pump came with a new cam follower I changed that too as the car is now at 25k miles
View attachment 87648
View attachment 87649
View attachment 87650
As I had the fuel pump pump off I figured it would be a good time to change the fuel return valve for the rs4 one. I used a guide that I previously shared on this forum. I will admit that this was a pain in the **** with me nearly throwing the towel in on several occasions, but I got there in the end. I also figured this would be a good time to perform a service so replaced the oil and oil filter. Once it won I took the car for another spin and could feel that the car was more progressive in delivering the fuel and would pull even better than before. As the car was now ready for me to visit rick this Tuesday I was happy and went out for what I felt to be a few well deserved pints on the Friday night. I called up awesome GTi and booked in for them to fit my suspension, whiteline anti lift kit and forward anti roll bar as I didn't really fancy dropping the subframe myself.

On the Saturday I fitted the rear anti roll bar which was a doddle to fit. I couldn't believe the difference this made to the handling characteristics like I said earlier this week s the 1st car I'd modded and couldn't believe that just changing a bar could make such a difference, I set the bar to firm and it felt like the car was on rails

So yesterday came around and off I went to awesome for the the requested work. I also asked them to fit the lower torque arm insert that came with my downpipe which I forgot to fit when I did the exhaust. When fitting this the threads on the Oem dogbone mount had become stripped so I had the two mounts replaced. It turns out getting them to fit the suspension was a good move too as one of the front drop link bolts sheared, I would have been in trouble if this had happened on my drive. I got the two front drop links replaced. The Whiteline anti lift kit was also installed. I also had a four wheel alignment carried out. I was happy with the subtle drop in ride height and know it will drop a little more once settled

Here's the geometry print out

View attachment 87657
Before
View attachment 87653
After suspension fitted
View attachment 87654
I also picked up the Porsche oil and coolant caps as well as a black washer bottle cap while at awesome

cid:79EC3D33-1BCA-48D3-9B8D-C75B73D7622C

After throwing it around a few round abouts last night I can say I'm delight with the way car handles it's been totally transformed from when it was stock and the walk kit really does seem to activate more grip and compliments everything very well

I decided to start writing his thread while I'm sat in @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. waiting room while he tunes the car to Stage 2 +, he just popped in to say that all is currently good with the car and it running strong on the blue fin stage 2 with 330bhp and 340 ft.lbs torque which we where both surprised from a generic off the shelf map. After rick had finished working his magic the result was a very pleasing 364bhp and 372 ft.lbs torque. He pulled off the boost a little as there was a misfire happening occasionally at the top end so I'll be changing the coil packs and spark plugs and will head back for a tweak. The switching method of the maps from stock to the stage 2 + is nicely integrated in to the cruise control stalk.

View attachment 87681

After driving around this afternoon and evening I am totally taken aback by the difference and how the power is put down its fair to say I am totally happy with the car now. All the reviews about rick are true and he really is a genuinely nice guy and is very informative in what he is doing

My next next upgrade is to do the brakes which have taken up to 5 weeks already I've been applying the pressure to yellowspeed and have been informed I should receive them tomorrow, fingers crossed. I've also got a 42 draft designs stealth catch can to fit

As I am now totally happy with the car I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have helped me to get the car to this stage including @leshkin @S3Alex @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. @Tsr-performance @LVS Racing alex_wills, @mjr901

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope it's useful to anybody who is looking for more information about what these cars are capable off, I'm willing to answer any questions, I'll keep this updated the more I get used to having the car this way.
I may be a year and a bit too late but this was a fantastic read thank you for putting the time in on this, really helped me mate

Wow, what a great read thanks for documenting and posting all of this dude!

I may be a year and a bit too late but this was a fantastic read thank you for putting the time in on this, really helped me mate

No worries mate, glad you enjoyed it, I’m no expert but if you need any advice I’ll help if I can

Reactions: S38pkyle-ing
Great thread! Just out of curiosity how did the wmi install and numbers get on?

Bit of an update. I gave the car a full service last week and fitted the cts throttle pipe for when I hopefully get round to fitting the wmi kit in a couple of weeks. I also sent the car to detailed bodywork in Denton for a 2 stage paint correction and ceramic coating. I also decided to get the front & rear lights. They had the car just under a week but it was well worth the wait.

Bit of an update. I gave the car a full service last week and fitted the cts throttle pipe for when I hopefully get round to fitting the wmi kit in a couple of weeks. I also sent the car to detailed bodywork in Denton for a 2 stage paint correction and ceramic coating. I also decided to get the front & rear lights. They had the car just under a week but it was well worth the wait.

f33ca303e0dcb12a16bf6455f6a499c9.jpg
a4cc290c5775711df0391d2e3e00ba20.jpg
d2a42901cc12bd4b00420c41f9b7bb8b.jpg
5485762d7f16f9b545e9f98481bd44fd.jpg
c0e82428a2d38161331068268660efe5.jpg
64dc612cbd097290e499b97929444c5a.jpg
37a6abbeb694b5d6ab6d3001f61049f5.jpg
633224b0e19a3925f84fdd03951caa2d.jpg
8b0eea0713d3e5879272a12eb7bc49cb.jpg
51f34c57ba660c9185afb9f0f434a5eb.jpg
9352c24e01f87b89f8a950210f0a839d.jpg
0a8eae2d53ffa856bfeebf54974ad14e.jpg
d7b8b3155500285cb680ad42c51ff75c.jpg
480d67954469bd01cdf3ce482839d479.jpg
57e9c1b21ab347db78cc1370911d093a.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro and S.
I’m running a tte 420 turbo with the apr system the car is running good but starting to get the odd misfire when under a lot of load.
I’ve changed the cam follower.
Coil packs and plugs
Could this problem be pointing to my injectors
If so could any one give advise on injectors they are using and part numbers
The engine is the 8p model 57 plate shell

Have you had the injectors tested and cleaned out and a walnut clean?
Your injectors should be fine with a 420. RTech can do both for you.