BurgoS3 Finally where I want it to be with a TTE420....Eventually

I agree with prt57. Stock injectors should be fine for a 420, I only got RS3 ones after advice I wish I hadn’t listened too in the end. I put them in because I’d already bought them and found I had an injector causing my misfire.

Reactions: leshkin
Now this has been bumped up to the top of the list i have just read it through
Great thread Burgo, good info and lots of ideas here thanks :)

I agree with prt57. Stock injectors should be fine for a 420, I only got RS3 ones after advice I wish I hadn’t listened too in the end. I put them in because I’d already bought them and found I had an injector causing my misfire.

I ended up having to put RS4 injectors in to cure a top end misfire due to the limitation of my stock S3 injectors. Not sure you will ever get 420bhp from stock injectors, but I guess it depends on the dyno you use.

Plenty of people running stock injectors on a 420 and making the power on the tfsi tuning page on fb. Niki at r tech also says that they give ample flow but I guess it depends on the whole setup, which fprv, lp fuel pump etc. I know that some people have had starting/smoking issues with RS3 & Rs4 injectors and some people like myself who haven’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here - wish I never bothered... I already sourced S3 injectors and plan on removing the RS3 set - unless you need the flow for big turbo, it's not worth it.

Reactions: a3 turbp

Cheers mate, hope it’s of use to you