Bumper repair advice

cb211

Reaction score
hi, I’m new here but have been lurking for a while in the lead up to our A7 (11 plate) purchase. We are loving the car, so much fun to drive.
Sadly, soon after we got the car we had to get a breakdown patrol out (turned out to be a minor issue) and the irresponsible patrol person left part of his jack laying under the front passenger side bumper, so when he told me to take the car for a spin, the jack caught under the lower plastic part of the bumper and caused a deep scuff.

I’m after some advice on what’s required to repair, can the scuff be filled and painted or does the bumper need replaced?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers
CB

Attachments

• 6E50F707-D76B-4611-A3CC-C85D39ADD8F8.jpeg
    6E50F707-D76B-4611-A3CC-C85D39ADD8F8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Smart repair will fix that no problem. They can mask/fade up to the crease above the damage I would think.

Reactions: cb211
Got to agree, any half decent bodyshop will make that disappear for £200-£300
Probably in one day.
I've had a bumper I thought was beyond repair.
My local place (two young lads) cut, plastic welded, filled and painted. I could not tell it was the same bumper.

I hope the breakdown patrol have accepted liability and are going to contribute towards the repair cost!

Thanks folks!! Good to hear that it should be pretty straight forward for a good body shop to sort.

Breakdown patrol (the one with a three letter name and orange vans) hasn’t accepted liability yet. I have to get a garage quote for the work first. Still going to be my word against theirs so I don’t hold out much hope for them paying....

Anyone got recommendations for a good body shop in central Scotland?