bumper need quick answer guys

weebelly

Reaction score
hi av got a audi b6 saloon 51 plate doing face lift

will the audi a4 AVANT b7 front end fit on my saloon just the front bumper tho

thanks mike can u explaine why it wont fit

Think of it like attaching a Ferrari bumber to a random Audi front. They just dont 'jigsaw' together. :tongueclosed:

You will need, B7 lights, front wings, bonnet, slam panel and Grill all from the B7 just to make the front end fit.

Lots of information across this forum of how to do it though..

yah ano that bud a put in my theard was doing facelift av got the b7 parts lights wings body panel but just because it sed it was a AVANT just wanted to maske sure it will fit the saloon bud a think the fronts are the same tho

If doing a full face lift then the avant and saloon front bumpers are the same.......bumper on its own will not.

To double check, make sure the part number is 8E0 for universal fitting, if 8E9 then avant only or 8E5 is a saloon only

As said saloon and avant are the same... hopefully convertible too because that's the front I've got haha, literally had the whole front end of a b7 stored in my garage for over a year now out of sheer laziness, plus I generally ride a motorbike.

As above, the convertible is different and to the others

From what I've read the cab was the way to go when doing this, as the wings don't need to be cut and welded like the saloon/avant?

guys also when doing my facelift whats the differance between sline bumper and standered one will i need more parts for the s line conversion

Oh dear, I'm afraid the convertible is very different and will not fit

As above, the convertible is different and to the others

I thought the cabriolet was the same on the b7, only the front wings were different

From what I've read the cab was the way to go when doing this, as the wings don't need to be cut and welded like the saloon/avant?

Just realised I said front not front bumper... cab front bumper is the same as Bez swapped his for a saloon/avant. Legend has it the wings are different but nobody has a definitive answer on this so everyone just cuts and welds b6 & b7 when doing the conversion. I have a B7 bumper with saloon/avant bonnet, wings, lights and lord know how many things I've missed, got a thread listing parts somewhere.

guys also when doing my facelift whats the differance between sline bumper and standered one will i need more parts for the s line conversion

Different bumper and grille for s-line, can fit an RS4 grille in an s-line bumper (if you've got the cash! they cost a fortune) which is what I'm doing.