Bumper & Grille combo

• Thread starter Pedrödelabongo
  • Start date
P

Pedrödelabongo

Irrespective of whether you like it or not, why would this not fit a Sline or RS4?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262219594499?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

$_57.JPG

basically as a whole unit it will fit as all A4/S4 and cab in either format S-line or non s-line B7 bumpers use the same fitting method, wont fit an rs4 due to the wider arches.
wether the OEM PDC sensors, headlamp washer system or foglamp will fit is another question, it may require there own parts but the bumper as is will fit, but may not fit aswell as a genuine item .

I understand what you are saying. It won't fit rs4 because the wings are further out, but I agree it should s line as it's the full bumper and not just the grill, although having said that are the air ducts different?..

Reactions: Pedrödelabongo
I understand what you are saying. It won't fit rs4 because the wings are further out, but I agree it should s line as it's the full bumper and not just the grill, although having said that are the air ducts different?..

Aah, fair point about the RS4 wheel arches! ;-)

These are available for s lines on eBay. I was very close to buying one myself maybe from a different seller mind

I was interested to find out why it wouldn't fit a Sline - I now see why it wouldn't fit an RS4!

i can't see why they are stating not for s-line to be honest, maybe if it wasnt supplied with a grille then i could see why , but since it is supplied with one then the only B7 it wont fit will be the rs4, and since it doesnt come with PDC and that is not is not a specific s-line option and can be on non s-line bumpers anyway , same applies to headlamp wash, it can be fitted to either bumper, i'd be inclined to contact them and find out what they are talking about.

Yeah, normally it's all about the Sline grille.
Why would be so difficult for people who make grilles, also make one to fit RS and Sline!?!

based on there ebay shop they do several versions with or without pdc & headlamp wash and with or without removeable grille , all say non s-line or rs4, sounds like they are talking out of there backsides frankly.....

I'll message them and see what they say - but I agree, I think it will fit an S-Line.

The seller has replied (very fast, I thought!) thus:

New message from: tuningsportparts (4,108)
HI this will NOT fit S-Line....sorry for the late answer!
regards

Kind regards
TUNING SPORT PARTS LTD

No rhyme nor reason, that's it!

well based on that reply they clearly have no knowledge of what they are selling frankly, probably just buy it in from a wholesaler and the resale it, i'd hate to have to ask them for tech support on any items they sell, probably get more sense from a stick of rock.... i would'nt buy anything from them based on that reply they gave you mate.

Last edited:
I just had a trawl on ebay and found another site doing the same product, also says no s-line, so i used the " will it fit my car " option ( year ,spec variant etc inc s-line option) and it came up with that it will fit my s-line avant, so then what's the format then, well for starters i can see in the pics that these bumpers use the non s-line size grilles also foglamp fittings may vary if using OEM in these third party items, but as they say grilles included i can only assume they are saying no s-line due to the grille fitment be non s-line fitment, all other bumper fitting parts are the same across the B7 platform for the bumper .

Just had a good look round myself.
The bumper has an A5 look to it and I have to say, I am warming quite a bit towards it!
The fog lights could be tricky, as non OEM parts tend not to fit too well where things like this are concerned - well, at least in my experience.

I think I'll chew on it for a while, get my other car finished and (hopefully) sold and see what's what in a couple of months.

sent the seller a message and got two replies, first said " Do NOT buy it as will not fit on S-Line......brackets and fittings on S-Line are different from standard version " and then another saying" well the manufacture says will not fit.....so up to you if you want to buy and will not fit we are not responsable " .
i have checked audi part number for A4/s4 and cab accross B7 platform and the fitting brackets and mounting points used are the same , grilles are a different issue as we all know, there are a few different part numbers for the bumper carrier but thats for different countries but fitment is the same, if they were all different fitments you woundt be able to fit a dtm dumper to a Se version etc or to a s-line avant etc and vice versa.

I agree with you mate, dont rush into it , have a chomp on it and all will become clearer.

Boy o Boy I do love Bumper Gate. Lol. All I can say is I am so glad I am not alone. Was starting to think I was just being Blonde...☺️☺️

Haha! Get the facts out into the open - it's the only way!

First link - pretty sure they don't fit Sline.
Second link - seems odd his Sline grille is muchas more expensivo than the SE grille when he does pretty much the same thing to both?
Third link - Thule roof bars bits on Amazon…..

first one is for non s-line.
second is a good option for b7 s-line if you dont want to wait for a used rs4 oem or lashout on a new oem rs4 grille from stealers.

Not been on here for a while, had mine nearly 6 years now this is the combination I did a few years back.
S-line cab with SE bumper fitted.
Cupra type R spliter
RS4 copy grille.
Screenshot 2016 02 12 21 27 41 294

Reactions: Dani_B19
Looks well that mate. This is what I'm going to do with mine.

Apparently it was a production line issue, they didn't have enough S-line bumpers and as they sold more saloons the cabriolet payed the price, the positive to come from it is there is more aftermarket grille options that fit the SE bumper like ours.

the article i read said it was a facelift modification to bring all the later cabs into line with the exisiting s-line bodywork styling and options packages across the B7 platform.
Not actually called an SE bumper directly as it was the standard bumper fittment across non s-line bodywork variants , you either had s-line bodywork fitted or you didnt, it became known as the SE bumper just by default as being the bumper fitted to the SE model which didnt have s-line option.

So that's why. Found this if anyone interested.

Look at this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/262032898428

Black honeycomb mesh car grill compatible with Audi A4 B7 2005-2008

which is why i said in my info thread , there are a lot more options open to non s-line bumper owners as there are numeruous third party grilles on the market by many different sellers/companies , but they will not be oem ones.

the problem is made worse by sellers stating fitment such as " wont fit s-line s4 rs4 " which does'nt apply in many cases , and certainly not with bumpers.
if you search ebay for an RS4 oem grille for example , if i enter my own car reg or specific model details into the search it will come back as " this item will not fit or does not fit " your model, but we know thats rubbish because we fit them without issues, becuase that part will fit accross the a4 B7 platform with the s-line format bumper, the same applies to most parts of the front bumper fittings, many parts will fit accross differening models due to the basic format of the bumper.

Well next month my bumper is coming of and a new grill fitted.

Reactions: RMH1A4cab
thats good news chap, i look forward to seeing the new improved look.

the problem is made worse by sellers stating fitment such as " wont fit s-line s4 rs4 " which does'nt apply in many cases , and certainly not with bumpers.
if you search ebay for an RS4 oem grille for example , if i enter my own car reg or specific model details into the search it will come back as " this item will not fit or does not fit " your model, but we know thats rubbish because we fit them without issues, becuase that part will fit accross the a4 B7 platform with the s-line format bumper, the same applies to most parts of the front bumper fittings, many parts will fit accross differening models due to the basic format of the bumper.

So that's answered my original question in that it will for an S Line, RS4 or SE model and maybe cabrio too.

Hmm, might give it a go in the spring................