Bumble stop flashing will ya!

burns3

Reaction score
Right long story shortish,

Bumbles been sitting outside my parents since i injuried my hand at work just before xmas and havent been able to drive due to surgery and that. Anyway the battery has went flat so my keyfob is not working so you have to go in through the boot as you cant get into the drivers door due to the lock not matching the key for some reason:keule:.

Sooo the car is now open and runs and drives fine but the hazard lights flash for about 4min from when the door opens oh and the fact you have to lock via the boot! Its as if the alarm is going off but with no sound but i have never heard the alarm go off before and welly doesnt think he has too so cant confirm that works anyway so this may be infact what is happening lol.

As i live over 20mile away from my parents my dad has had a look at it today with this auto locksmith and he thinks the fob is working fine battery and signal wise but was going to have a look into it more and get back to us. Was wondering in the mean time if anyone had any ideas on here as your normally a knowledgeable lot ;)

Any ideas appreciated people.

Car is a 2000 s3 if you dont know it.

does it lock and unlock from the keyfob now?

definitely sounds like the alarm going off without the siren sounding.

does it lock and unlock from the keyfob now?

definitely sounds like the alarm going off without the siren sounding.

No mate keyfob doing nothing at all, apart from annoying me.

I had the same problem a simply key re sync procedure and its been fine since

Here ya go
1. Take the spare key, put it into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position, just prior to starting the car.
2. Roll down the driver's side window (not required, but a good idea in case there's a problem).
3. Exit the car and close the door.
4. With a second key, physically lock the doors (don't use a remote).
5. Take the first remote to be programmed, press one of the buttons and the lights will flash once. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. That first transmitter is now programmed

I had the same problem a simply key re sync procedure and its been fine since

Here ya go
1. Take the spare key, put it into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position, just prior to starting the car.
2. Roll down the driver's side window (not required, but a good idea in case there's a problem).
3. Exit the car and close the door.
4. With a second key, physically lock the doors (don't use a remote).
5. Take the first remote to be programmed, press one of the buttons and the lights will flash once. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. That first transmitter is now programmed

I read stuff like that when i used the search but unfortuantely i dont have a spare key with this car which has me stumped at what i could do without one.
I may just need to get one sorted from somewhere cos i prefer having a spare anyway.

Im in the same position mate, my key fob has stopped working after disconnecting the dash cluster to try and fix my display screen.
Changed the battery's in the fob but nothing and don't have a spare.
how to re sync with out a spare key anyone?

Im in the same position mate, my key fob has stopped working after disconnecting the dash cluster to try and fix my display screen.
Changed the battery's in the fob but nothing and don't have a spare.
how to re sync with out a spare key anyone?

Atleast you dont have to enter through the boot though!

Anyone, were desperate lol :sos:

keyprogramaudi8l.png

Taken straight from Autodata. Vehicle entered was 2000 S3, not sure if it makes a difference though.

Edit: Just realised, this is no use if your key won't manually unlock the drivers door.