Bulletin Board Help....

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I would like to set up a bbs at our office so that people who find fixes, or interesting shortcuts etc (I work in telecoms) can post them up for others to refer to.
I would like the ability to attach files and be able to moderate it and have some sort of control.

A bit like this forum really, how difficult would it be to set up and could anyone give me any pointers?

Have you got an Intranet, maybe it would be an idea to have a designated spot on there where only your guys have access to it??

Or alternatively a shared drive, with a folder full of appropriately named fixes??

We do have an intranet, but I would like to keep it entirely as a seperate entity, and have something searchable.

How about a knowledge base, may need an external company to come in and implement it, unless you have in house development that can do this for you, but then yo have the budgetting issue on whether they will fund it or not!!

You can download VB as a package from their site, which includes support, but for a subscription.

My brother in law once said that with his server host they provide a license for VB for free. He even set a basic one up and showed me. Seemed a cynch.

do i need to be running an internal webserver and mysql to run VB though?