Bulldogs Avant build thread

Bulldog

Reaction score
Hi bit of background as to why I purchased our Avant back in September 14 as it should of been a Porsche Cayman S. We've already got 2 grown up boys nearly 22 & 20 then we found out in early 2014 that we was having another baby boy our little miracle, so with a 2 seater sports car out of the window the search was on for an Avant.

Seeing as I wasn't getting a Porsche now I wanted an Avant with a a fairly decent spec & we ended up with a 2.7tdi s-line in Quartz grey with full black leather,sat-nav,B&O stereo front & rear parking sensors & the usual s-line spec.I also told the wife it wouldn't be staying standard So here's some pics

Day we picked it up.

Gave it a proper clean soon afterwards with mainly Auto finesse products as Audi main dealers have no clue about cleaning cars. Also fitted a set of mud flaps from eBay at the same time which fit really well. Fitted Led bulbs throughout the interior & number plate lights as well as Philips silver tec indicator bulbs in the rear lights.

First mods was to fit Porsche oil & water caps as this is as close to a Porsche I'll be getting for quite some time. Water cap went straight on but I had to trim the plastic pipe where the oil cap goes as it wouldn't fit straight on.

Before

After with the top part cut off

Then fitted a set of RS4 pedals as well ****** expensive but looks a lot better than the standard items. Also fitted new oem mats as well with a silver edging.

Part number for pedals

Painted the calipers discs & brake Sheids too but I'll be redoing them shortly as I've got the four ring Audi logo to put on them.

Also fitted a complete set of rear sun shades as we don't have privacy glass so these keep the sun out of little mans eyes & you can even open the windows & they don't move so you don't need the AC on all the time. You can see them in the pics of the car when it's lowered.

Latest mod has been getting the FK silverline coilovers fitted which have transformed the looks & made the car much nicer to drive as well. It's come down by about 40mm.

Before

After

I've got a set of 20's to fit I'll post picks up as soon as I get them fitted hopefully be done by next week then I'll be on the lookout for an RS4 grill & S4 mirrors.

Reactions: James.c, Meemo, xpoweruk and 1 other person
Looking good Bulldog, how you finding the coilovers, also can't wait to see what wheels you have gone for

When I got the car back from the garage they was a bit to low & the wife said it was a bit to bouncy but I've since raised it up by 10mm all round & it drives really well now & the wife hasn't complained & she even said it drives a lot better than it did before on the standard s-line set up.

Reactions: Dsport
The wheels are an oem set which I've not seen done before.

Reactions: Dsport
The Audi rings stickers for the brake calipers turned up today got them in metallic silver. Hopefully get the brakes repainted & these fitted by the end of the week then get the new wheels on shortly afterwards:yahoo:

Reactions: xpoweruk and feva
The Audi rings stickers for the brake calipers turned up today got them in metallic silver. Hopefully get the brakes repainted & these fitted by the end of the week then get the new wheels on shortly afterwards:yahoo:

These will be a nice subtle touch, looking forward to seeing them fitted.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

@feva So am I the pics of the brakes I posted earlier was done last year so they need freshening up & once they're done it's time to put the new wheels on.

Also running 12mm spacers on the front & 15mm on the rear & now it's lowered looks like I could possibly run 20mm on the rear.

Redone the brakes again today with vht paint & added some Audi rings with a couple of coats of clear to hopefully stop them coming off in the future

Also fitted the 20's but cars dirty so no pics for now.

Rings go well with the calipers. And wtf? No pics? Wheels only pics required.

Rings go well with the calipers. And wtf? No pics? Wheels only pics required.

I did take a couple but the sun was going down & they're not very clear I'll get it washed & get some pics up mate.

Reactions: feva
Well done on having working swimmers mate

Car's taking great form already

Reactions: Bulldog
As promised pics on oem 9x20's there not great pics as I'm no photographer lol

Reactions: James.c, martinivw, CHEZ and 3 others
Good lad. Imo really suit it certainly fill them arches

Cheers for the comments & I wanted to be a little different rather than go for a set of rotors

Just made a successful trip to the nursey to pick little man up & no scraping over the speed bumps with the 20's on. When it was first lowered the garage had set it 50mm lower than stock so I raised it up by 10mm & it still just scraped on the 18's so problem solved.

Reactions: AU11 ALS, Meemo and feva
I'll say it again. Them wheels really suit it. Like very much.

I'll say it again. Them wheels really suit it. Like very much.

Cheers I don't think anyone has fitted these other than what they was intended for.

Yeah a subtle oem upgrade most people won't even notice.

Reactions: feva
Just washed the wheels & gave it a quick wipe down with Sonax bsd & cleaned the windows. Taking it to get a full alignment tomorrow now the coilovers have settled.

Also ordered a set oh Heko wind deflectors too for it as well hopefully be here by the weekend.

Reactions: bobby singh
The 20s give it some serious presence without looking 50 cent rap videoesk :)
I struggled with the 18s too, bottomed out on every thing and anything, bet 20s give you lots of confidence with bumps and uneven roads

@Meemo thanks & the 20's have raised the car a little but it's still quite low. Speed bumps still have to be taken with care but the car isn't used everyday so it's all good.

Got the alignment done yesterday & as you can see in the top pic it definetly needed doing as it has come down just over 40mm. Rear is all good but Front camber is still out a bit but unless I go for a set of adjustable top arms which are about £400 plus fitting & another alignment set up roughly £600 all in I think I'll see how the tyres wear & rotate them on a regular basis unless anybody has any alternatives ?

Got the wind deflectors delivered yesterday so gave them & couple of coats of wax before fitting them. Gave the car a quick wash & fitted them on easy to fit & look quite good too. Pics aren't the best as usual lol

Reactions: James.B8 and xpoweruk
Does your front windows struggle to go up ? What like did your clips install ?

Nice car, love the mods and enjoy

Does your front windows struggle to go up ? What like did your clips install ?

To be honest I've not used the car since I've installed them but when I was fitting them I had no issues with the windows going up. I had to fit clips on all windows except the drivers door which didn't need any.

A very handsome car! The wheels are lovely but how do they fare on our pothole ridden roads? Any engine mods lined up??

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

@Joe3.0tdi Thanks & they're not bad but it's not driven daily otherwise I'd have gone for 19's. As for engine mods none planned at the moment.

Reactions: Joe3.0tdi
I fitted my wind deflectors but I noticed that the clips were to big and could see them from the outside or maybe didn't have them in properly ?

@K3vmcb when I put the clips in I pushed them up with a flat screwdriver to make sure they didn't fall out. Also on the clips there's a little point on one side I put those facing into the rubber strip & not towards the wind deflectors. You can also just slightly see the clips on mine too.

Best to fit 2 clips to every wind deflector , as per instructions and video .

Yes they are still part visible and would benefit from not being the silver shiny metal they are , I fitted mine with a coffee cup coaster , I needed extra clips for my drivers as the window would collide .