Bulb out warning

vroomtshh

Reaction score
My car has the partial DIS.

Should this give me bulb out warnings?
I currently have 1 sidelight and 1 numberplate light out, and nothing on the dash?

If I change my stalk, and code in full DIS, does this enable bulb out warnings, or is it a completely seperate system and I don;t have it?

Its a 2003 Avant Sport Quattro if it matters

By "partial DIS" you mean just the DTE (distance to empty) gauge? If so then no you won't have bulb out warnings.

If you fit the full DIS it will give you the warnings, a new stalk and coding should be enough, but you'll need to do extra to get the low screenwash indicator too. There are quite a few threads on this which can point you in the right direction.

By "partial DIS" you mean just the DTE (distance to empty) gauge? If so then no you won't have bulb out warnings.

If you fit the full DIS it will give you the warnings, a new stalk and coding should be enough, but you'll need to do extra to get the low screenwash indicator too. There are quite a few threads on this which can point you in the right direction.

Yeh I have the distance to empty, and it tells me oil coolant etc.
I already have the screenwash sensor in place (it hasn;t run out yet til I see if it works)

Thanks for the info. I've got it figured out how to do the full DIS, I just wanted to know if bulbs were a part of that or if mine wasn't working

mines got partial DIS and does not show any warnings when a bulb as blown recently changed headlight, sidelight, and stop light bulb with no warnings

Mine has full DIS, but I don't think it tells me if the numberplate light is out. It tells me all the others.

Mine had partial and used to show bulb out.
Now it's full dis and doesn't.