Built in sub and noise

I

imported_andersov

On my A3 2004 factory fitted with Concert (not bose), there is also a sub in the booth. When I raise the volume to more then 12-14 I get a lot of noise from "back there" and I found it is the cover on top of the sub that is vibrating.

Anyone else experience this, and do you have any tricks? I am tempted to go back to the dealer and complaint.

Best regards,
Anders

I've managed to position the 'velcro' oil bottle holder tight against the floor, upright against that area, which reduces any vibration /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Do you have a picture? Where did you get the velcro oil bottle holder, from VAG?

Best rgds,
Anders

What velcro oil bottle holder ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What velcro oil bottle holder ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

comes with the car, complete with 1 litre bottle of oil.

Oil ? - check.
Velcro thing ? - nope

I've chucked the oil in the garage to stop it sliding around the boot.

The dealer didn't point out any velcro oil holder-upper in their half hour drone about "this is the lights..this is the indicators...zzzzzzz"

[ QUOTE ]
The dealer didn't point out any velcro oil holder-upper in their half hour drone about "this is the lights..this is the indicators...zzzzzzz"

[/ QUOTE ]

He's probably removed it and is flogging it on Ebay

Anyone have the VAG part no. for this bottle holder?

Here is the official response from my dealer

"They used to come with those velcro things,but now the oil just comes in plastic bags"

So there you go... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the official response from my dealer

"They used to come with those velcro things,but now the oil just comes in plastic bags"

So there you go... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, same response for me too bowfer.

So bought one off e-bay for £2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll speak nicely to my contact at the dealer..
I'll get it for trade.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll get it for trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Contact = blonde bit of stuff
trade = services rendered..ooh, er /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll get it for trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Contact = blonde bit of stuff
trade = services rendered..ooh, er /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish...
Unfortunately my contact is a brunette with a face like a dropped pie.

Picture loads of Audi salesmen taking pouches home for their kids' trainers etc.etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

My dealer tells me they are no longer available.

They will,therefore,gain 'cult status' and guarantee increased residuals for those lucky enough to have one.

Fast forward to Top Gear 2043 saying "if you're buying a classic A3,look for one with a velcro oil bag".

I got a velcro bag for my oil. They have been provided for years I think in other Audis. Holds 1l of oil. It is a waxy looking black plastic pouch with a zip on the top with velcro patches on back which you slap onto the side of the boot lining, unless, like me, you keep it in the garage instead asit just keeps getting pulled off the lining when filling the boot.

Re the sub noise, this probably won't help much but I also have a similar sounding problem with vibration from the sub area. It is a bose system, but the vibration fault was diagnosed by the dealer as coming from the air exit flaps within the side panel which let the air out into the wheel arch. Not seen them myself, but apparently there are flaps which prevent dirt etc coming in but allow the air to move out. No official cure though and known by Audi UK as a fault. Suggestion to pack out with felt etc to dampen the noise as much as possible.

you could always get one from the courtesy car you get next time yours is in for a service if they didnt supply you with one as they should have

[ QUOTE ]
you could always get one from the courtesy car you get next time yours is in for a service if they didnt supply you with one as they should have

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the whole crux of the argument though.
Should they have ?
According to my dealer,no.
We're unlikely to get a definitive answer on this.
We'll only get different dealer opinions.

Just got one for a fiver off ebay,as Eeef suggested was possible.
There are loads.
I will send be sending my invoice to the dealer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

OK, so this thread has gone a bit of track! but just to rub salt in the wound, i went to get a top up bottle today from Smith Knight Fay, and they gave it me in an Audi pouch - now got 2!

Sheer extravagance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I got one on the 11th of March /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif