Build week to delivery

Jez-dtm

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone can tell me how long they waited from there actual build week to receiving the car? I'm build week 27 (today) and I'm hoping to get my car on my Friday off work, the 25th of July. Is this realistic?
thanks jez

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can tell me how long they waited from there actual build week to receiving the car? I'm build week 27 (today) and I'm hoping to get my car on my Friday off work, the 25th of July. Is this realistic?
thanks jez

It is usually 3/4 weeks but it can take longer. It depends on so many factors. Where is you dealer as that will determine which UK port it comes in to. Grimsby has a delivery almost every day but Sheerness and Tyne can sometimes be only one per week. My own A3 took 4 weeks from build to the dealer.

I think you could get your car for then it just depends on how long it waits at Emden. I'm hoping I get my car the week before you and it was built the week before yours. Just got to keep everything crossed!

Thanks lads, my car is being delivered to Audi Newcastle so I would assume that it would go to Tyne, or is final location not a factor in which port it goes to? I'm not too sure in how all of the ports/delivery and shipping work! I know it comes from emden, but what ship names would it be under to port of Tyne?

Mine was bang on 4 weeks after build to on my drive.

Which port would be for Coulsdon Audi (near Croydon, South London)? Can we track the ships?

Which port would be for Coulsdon Audi (near Croydon, South London)? Can we track the ships?

If you use Marine Traffic (either website or App) you can track the ships. They all leave Emden in Germany and the ships seems to be either Isar Highway, Weser Highway or Schelde Highway. Not sure which port yours will go to but Grimsby is the main port. Someone posted recently to say that once the car is on the ship you can track it with the VIN number.

For Sarf Lahndan, Sheerness is the most likely port.

For ships, VW UK tend to use KESS owned ships, mine came in on African Highway, but at peak times other lines/carriers are also used.

Re the tracking via VIN while on a ship, I think this is only for cars going outside Europe (eg Australia or NA).

Edit:
more ship info/geekery here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...ho-collects-1st-march-14-a-6.html#post2083071

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephen C
Im from SA..mine was built on the 18th week.It is now the 27th week..soon to be 28th week..thats 10 whole weeks after build that i am sadly waiting. :( but thats just me

thanks jez

3 weeks for my car

I think I had it all wrong, I assumed it took from the Monday of the build week till the Sunday to build the car, but actually it's only one day in the week?

I think I had it all wrong, I assumed it took from the Monday of the build week till the Sunday to build the car, but actually it's only one day in the week?

What? Do you think they're hand built? LOL

Also, could anyone tell me, when the dear says it's getting built Today (yesterday) would that mean this bw, or can they see it's actually in production that day?