Build Thread..Back dated

jdsour

Reaction score
So want to start a build thread, I've done a bit but not documented it so will post what I've done to date. My plan is a Interior and exterior build, would love to get as far as stage 2+, bit messy after that. Here goes.

I got my Audi S3 8p in July of 2015, was hard enough to source a decant an s3 in Ireland as they're hard to come by, most are minimum spec with no extras. When I came across one that was in good nick with decent mileage I jumped at it :)

QvDZFZz.jpg

The first mod was to change the grab handles (if that's what they're called) and gear stick surround, easy enough to swap them out.

Eredyms.jpg

OD0jgYY.jpg

Next on the list was the headunit. A friend of mine had got a Eonon and i was very impressed, it was a bit of hassle to install, trying to figure out how to connect the sub amp was the trickiest, go it sorted thanks to the knowable people on this forum :)
VcFDwif.jpg

c5TLjjA.jpg

Was able to source some leather arm rest so they were next to go in, still have to fit the rear half, from what i have read ill need to take apart the rear interior to fit hem.
1UHm9M6.jpg

c6FqeMt.jpg

The next part I fitted was a Revo cam coated intake (thanks TSR Performance) was an easy install thanks to the guidance from this form :)
WHfczP2.jpg

Got myself a TTRS engine cover after that, luckly MJR was able to source the bolts for me.
eRNlRbd.jpg

The most resent touch is S3 decals for my calipers. had to take off my wheels to stick them on.
ajLpLkh.jpg
Y8r9ezW.jpg

Have a few more bits to add, ill take a few pics tomorrow and throw them up.

My goal would be to put on a millek cat back and decat, remap, and go from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: kaybee, GGG_666, HHS3 and 2 others
Few more bits to add.

Got some carbon fiber trim for front and rear to match the gear stick surround.
lz5JqM4.jpg

uCvfng1.jpg

Was going to fit reverse sensors myself but thought it would be better to get them done professionally so got them fitted last week.
lEOqwtn.jpg

Got a few bits in the post this morning, tidys up the engine bay a bit.
2C6QvlQ.jpg

cIoox0u.jpg

Received some Eibach Pro springs today, hopping to get Bilstein B8 dampers to go with them. Noticed today my air con isn't working so will have that checked out when I get the shocks done, fingerscrossed it just needs gas.
HTdQJK3.jpg

Man you are lucky. I'm on done deal every single waiting for an 8p s3. So rare. Let me know when you are selling it ;)

I know, took me over a year to find this one, viewed 2 others before I found this beauty. You'll find one eventually, doubt i'll be selling mine in the near future.

Good mods so far! I especially like the interior, those seats, door cards and leather trim pieces are really nice. Those carbon trim pieces are equally as nice, just makes the door card look very premium. All it needs are the bose grills (but only after you fit some proper uprated speakers behind it!). Are those trims genuine carbon fibre or the film-dipped variety? Keep up the good work :)

Thanks mate. Its coming along nicely, will defo be adding decent speakers when I get a few quid together, next on the list though will be an exhaust and a re-map. The carbon fiber is the real deal, don't really like the look of the dipped kind ;-)

Thanks dude, will be on the look out for a better jack.

New plates and surrounds sorted.
WVfD91e.jpg

Reactions: Weeb
Do you mean the decals?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Good work on your S3 so far mate, it's looking nice.

Where did you get the leather trims for the grab and door handles from? I've only seen cheap one's which look tacky in comparison to what you've got.

Good work on your S3 so far mate, it's looking nice.

Where did you get the leather trims for the grab and door handles from? I've only seen cheap one's which look tacky in comparison to what you've got.
Thanks mate, good bit done, more to do :) I got all the leather trim from a guy on eBay, he contacted me after I lost out on an auction and told me he had more bits to sell, he only has the grab handles with red thread up at the moment, might be worth contacting him to see if he has anything else, here's the link http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=272200273261&alt=web

Thanks mate, good bit done, more to do :) I got all the leather trim from a guy on eBay, he contacted me after I lost out on an auction and told me he had more bits to sell, he only has the grab handles with red thread up at the moment, might be worth contacting him to see if he has anything else, here's the link http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=272200273261&alt=web

Sounds good buddy, I've recently just started doing some bits and bobs myself, got more stuff planned further on down the line, will most likely do a build thread then to be fair.

Cool that's perfect, thanks for the info.

Sounds good buddy, I've recently just started doing some bits and bobs myself, got more stuff planned further on down the line, will most likely do a build thread then to be fair.

Cool that's perfect, thanks for the info.
Ah sweet, interested to see your progress, what have ye done so far?

Happy to help.

Ah sweet, interested to see your progress, what have ye done so far?

Happy to help.

I had a Revo stage 1 remap and Revo CAI (Camcoated) both done last month which are awesome. I also had the garage put the Rev G DV in for now as that's the best OEM DV according to a couple of tuners like R-Tech etc. which will do until I get the GFB DV+ for stage 2+.

Since then I've done the exhaust flap delete, de-wipered the rear and used a glass grommet to replace, de-badged rear Audi rings, fitted Heko wind deflectors, white halogen DRLs, white LED sidelights, white LED interior lights and done the card tray to cup holder conversion.

Got some white LED fog lights in the post today so I'll fit them later and then got some black plasti dip and glossifier coming next week to black up the grill (will leave the rings chrome though), I'll also dip the b-pillars, fog grills and windows edges.

I've then got a couple page word document full of other bits I want to do haha but the biggies are all the hardware to go stage 2+, rotor alloys and a head unit.

I'm interested in seeing how you get on so make sure to keep updating your thread as you've made some good progress so far bud :sunglasses:

Ah nice, you've a decent bit done, I'll be waiting to get an exhaust and decat before I go ahead with a remap, then go from there. Where did you get the white DRL bulbs?

Ah nice, you've a decent bit done, I'll be waiting to get an exhaust and decat before I go ahead with a remap, then go from there. Where did you get the white DRL bulbs?

These are the white halogen error free DRLs I got off of ebay for £8 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252197676605?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT, they were a straight swap. The only bit which is a bit fiddly is the passenger side DRL due to the Revo CAI being in the way, so just unscrew the bolt holding the pipe onto the engine, then you can replace the bulb with ease.

Nice, I'll be going for a BCS Powervalve de-cat exhaust when the time comes. You'll be going straight to stage 2 then as you already have a CAI, it's a shame that a new clutch is required for stage 2+ as it makes it a hell of a lot more expensive!

Nice1, having me some of them :D thanks for the tip, was thinking that the CAI would be in the way alright.

From what I've been reading the BCS Powervalve is the business, dunno if I'll be able to get one as I'm in Ireland so will prob have settle for a Milltek. Once I get it mapped it'll be save save save for a new clutch ;)

No worries, enjoy! I'm surprised that Audi didn't bother fitting their older cars, especially the S spec, with white lights as it does completely transform the look of the car making it more classy. The sidelights are a tad trickier to get to but well worth doing as it looks silly at night having the white Xenon with an orange bulb next to it! The interior lights make a nice change as well, fully recommend doing them too, I'm only doing the fogs to match.

I don't know a great deal but I'm sure you can get the BCS shipped, albeit expensive, speak to BCS Nige on here if you're interested. The Miltek will still do the job nicely though of course. Haha sounds good mate, stage 1 is already insane so I can't wait for the day stage 2+ comes!
:hubbahubba:

Think I might have to do the side lights as well, can't have mismatching bulbsAre the fog bulbs easy to switch out?

Thought BCS would have to fit it? I could be wrong though, would it pass the MOT (NCT in Ireland) with the powervalve? Can't wait to have a bit more power :D

Think I might have to do the side lights as well, can't have mismatching bulbsAre the fog bulbs easy to switch out?

Thought BCS would have to fit it? I could be wrong though, would it pass the MOT (NCT in Ireland) with the powervalve? Can't wait to have a bit more power :D

It's well worth it, especially as they cost under a tenner! The fog bulbs are easy to do, the hardest part is removing the fog grill I found, you've got to be firm but gentle at the same time. Make sure you get H11's which are the bulb size/fitment, my only issue is that the ones I got aren't error free despite being advertised they are!!

I haven't heard that BCS have to fit it but that might be the case, so it could be worth something else confirming. If you get the de-cat then it won't pass an MOT due to emissions but if you know anyone in a garage then they'll still easily pass it for you if you ask nicely.

Yeah think I'll have to get them, I'll try around and see if I can get genuine error free.

The test over here seems a bit different as we have to bring our cars to a test centre to be tested so don't think I'd get away with it. Have a friend that owns a garage, he said he'd put the cat back in for the test ;)

Yeah think I'll have to get them, I'll try around and see if I can get genuine error free.

The test over here seems a bit different as we have to bring our cars to a test centre to be tested so don't think I'd get away with it. Have a friend that owns a garage, he said he'd put the cat back in for the test ;)

Speak to @t8ups regarding lights, he's very helpful and polite, I'm currently getting some new error free side lights and fog lights from him as we speak!

Ahh I see that's annoying, at least you've got a mate though you can help you out.

BCS do shipment to anywhere in the UK mainland for £20 so it might be worth calling them up or messaging @BCS Nige to see if they'll do NI if you're interested.

Sweet I'll PM him, he'd prob do all the bulbs I need?

Yeah, tis handy to know someone alright :)

That's grand I have an address in NI I could get it sent to so have that option, will prob be the end of the summer before I have the money to do it.

Sweet I'll PM him, he'd prob do all the bulbs I need?

Yeah, tis handy to know someone alright :)

That's grand I have an address in NI I could get it sent to so have that option, will prob be the end of the summer before I have the money to do it.

Yep he's your best bet and he knows his stuff as well, wish I had gone with him in the first place!

Awesome sounds good bud! What are you hoping to get done, a full TBE or just the downpipe for now?

Ah I'll be doing a full system top to bottom :) no point cutting corners, once I get that done it'll be map time :)

Nice, it's going to sound insane!

Enjoy :tongueclosed:

Nice build so far, I'm looking forward to see your finished product.
I really like these as well! Are they from a TT? Also where did you get them from matey?
The oil cap is from the R8, not sure about the water or coolant caps. Got them from http://www.awesomegti.com think they should have been standard instead of the blue tbh.

Wee little up date, got some new tires today, went for Eagle F1s, will be getting them fitted tomorrow all going well.
u6elUQe.jpg

Booked in for a service next Friday so will be getting the springs and air con done then, also looks like my water temperature thermostat is gone too, gets to 90 then drop when I drive then back up when I stop, I believe its a common problem with some Audi's.

So it's been an eventful couple of weeks, had the car in with the garage 3 times. First trip was for a full service and diagnostics, they found a leak in the oil filter housing so that was replaced. The second trip was to fit the Eibach springs and a new water temperature thermostat, was told they ended up taking off the whole front end to get to the thermostat. Finally the third trip was to get the A/C back working. Turns out there was a leak in a valve and it had lost its gas, so thankfully everything is back working the way it should. While it was in and out of the garage I fitted a DV+ and white DRL bulbs, easiest parts I've fitted so far :tearsofjoy:

Was toying with the idea of adding USB in my glove box, finally got around to it today. The Eonon HU I installed has the capability of adding 2 USB ports, just a mater of punching a hole and wiring them up. Had to remove the glove box, 7 screws and out she comes. Used a metal punch to make the hole. Very happy with the final result.

FO56lRw.jpg

l7VXwux.jpg

0rOGPmD.jpg

Bit of a wash and polish today. Got some dragons breath wheel cleaner, have to say I'm very impressed by it, didn't have to put a cloth to the wheels, just spray on and rinse off. Also got myself a snow foam attachment for my Karcher so had to give it a go :grinning: Used Auto Glym super resin polish to finish off. Very happy with the result to say the least.

hFODFpm.jpg

qluXPJC.jpg

zqP0KeD.jpg

ZPhlN8N.jpg

nTHyLEE.jpg

xPZhPsx.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man and CrypticS3
So haven't had an update in a long time, have a fair bit done.

First off my front suspension need to be looked at, came home 1 day and found oil all over the ground, when I went for a better looking I could see it was coming from my drivers side front damper, there was oil all over it, went and got myself some Bilstein B8s, had been planning to do the dampers at some stage so that gave me an excuse to get them :) My mechanic said that both front dampers had completely failed and that there was no resistance in them at all. A month after that it was on to my next big purchase, went for a Milltek TBE system with sports cat, would be a nightmare trying to pass an NCT here without a cat so couldn't go straight through unfortunately, still have to sort a remap but its high on my list of to do's.

Next I got a forge oil catch can and chrome carbon canister cover, was thinking I'd just go with a PCV delete but after reading a bit I thought it would be better to spend a bit more and get the catch can. Also got a DV return hose and some An-12 Hose finisher to match. Few other little bits ive done, added S3 puddle lights and thanks to @t8ups just fitted so cracking DRLs with combined sidelights. Also got an ECS dipstick as I've read about the issues regarding the plastic degrading on the OEM ones. Some centre caps for my alloys were also needed as they were all chipped.

Hopefully my next update wont be too far away :)

kTMQKrC.jpg

cfPGkNW.jpg

cXRXdWN.jpg

BAOzOS6.jpg

xrQnsNU.jpg

Reactions: HHS3, t8ups and psmurphy
went and got myself some Bilstein B8s, had been planning to do the dampers at some stage so that gave me an excuse to get them :) A month after that it was on to my next big purchase, went for a Milltek TBE system with sports cat, would be a nightmare trying to pass an NCT here without a cat so couldn't go straight through unfortunately, still have to sort a remap but its high on my list of to do's.

Next I got a forge oil catch can and chrome carbon canister cover, was thinking I'd just go with a PCV delete but after reading a bit I thought it would be better to spend a bit more and get the catch can. Also got a DV return hose and some An-12 Hose finisher to match. Few other little bits ive done, added S3 puddle lights and thanks to @t8ups just fitted so cracking DRLs with combined sidelights. Also got an ECS dipstick as I've read about the issues regarding the plastic degrading on the OEM ones. Some centre caps for my alloys were also needed as they were all chipped.

Good update mate lots has gone on, I bet the B8's made a noticeable improvement! Have you got the Miltek TBE fitted yet? That with the Revo CAI will make for a good stage 2 S3, I know you said that a remap is high on the cards but have you looked at mappers yet?

I plan on getting a Forge DV return hose at some point as mine looks knackered. Those S3 puddle lights are a nice touch they look good, if mine had puddle lights then this is something I'd do but can't be asked to retrofit them haha. The EMT DRL's are a great piece of kit, it's a shame I couldn't get them to work on mine despite a lot of help from trups on here/over the phone, will actually go and visit him in the future to see if he can get them to work!

Good update mate lots has gone on, I bet the B8's made a noticeable improvement! Have you got the Miltek TBE fitted yet? That with the Revo CAI will make for a good stage 2 S3, I know you said that a remap is high on the cards but have you looked at mappers yet?

I plan on getting a Forge DV return hose at some point as mine looks knackered. Those S3 puddle lights are a nice touch they look good, if mine had puddle lights then this is something I'd do but can't be asked to retrofit them haha. The EMT DRL's are a great piece of kit, it's a shame I couldn't get them to work on mine despite a lot of help from trups on here/over the phone, will actually go and visit him in the future to see if he can get them to work!
Yeah good bit done indeed. B8s defo make it feel more planted, well happy with them. Have the Milltek fitted with a bit of heartache, the lads that fitted it said it was a bit of a nightmare but to be fare they're not big into modding cars, more a general garage for day to day stuff. Have looked into mappers, Been recommended a guy called Joe Power, mainly deals with VAG so should be sorted, mate of mine has used him a good few times, he put an S3 8l engine in to a mark 2 golf and he sorted the map so have a good bit of confidence in him. Trups is a good guy, well happy with the result little issue with the driver's side but I'm sure it's fixable, trouble shooting to find the prob.

So just back from getting the car mapped, it's a different car :grinning: Was 277 bhp before, now its up to 337 bhp with 324 FtLb. He added 5 map options too which are selected using the break and accelerator. Also changed the throttle to linear so its much easier to control. All the lag is gone, the acceleration is flat all the way through, couldn't be happier :grinning:

Remap graph

Last edited:
Reactions: HHS3