Build Steps/Process? Where's my car?

LayZ_Pz

Reaction score
Hey,

Got a bit of a pickle. My car build started on the 7th of September.

I have received information from my rep that on the 7th they assembled the body panels and that the car was painted.

On the 8 and 9, I have an entry for "Component assembly" and since then there is no information about my car. My rep doesn't know either.

This is what the information looks like on my rep's side:

I have translated the Polish to English language.

My question is, are there more steps to this, if so which ones? And if not, what's happening to my car now?

I would assume Quality Control.

But with some of the things people are finding, it probably wont take that long.

• Haha
Reactions: mb127 and Terminator x
Who knows. And it will also depend if all the component are available after it rolls off the production line.

As an example, my build week was 11th June and I just received my car 10 weeks later as it was waiting for bits to be fitted after it was ‘complete’.

So it could be a fair while and I’m not sure if read too much into the labels they give you on any tracker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mb127
@8YARWY You seem to know everything about those cars, maybe you got an idea of what's going on? :D

Well I am doomed now aren't I :disrelieved:

There’s a few Categories of ownership it seems now with the 8Y

1) Very early orders of Carbon / Standard spec cars from last year in Kemora / DG

2) market launch editions which have a decent amount of spec, but are missing say B&O / pan roof, yet have wireless charging / power tailgate….

3) LE 96 cars which were released to be used by the press / dealers to showcase the 8Y but ‘not’ to be sold, but then were sold albeit for inflated prices over list

4) exclusive orders that seem unobtainable in any ‘normal’ timeframe of car purchasing, and it’s now looking like you could father a child, and send them to infant school in the time it would take to get a new 8Y

5) Overpay and get one tomorrow but only in blue / green / Kemora and have your a r s e handed to you come resale time, because come on, you ain’t never seeing all that extra money come resale time are you?……

6) just sit there waiting, waiting, waiting, and waiting, then watching as our USA cousins that ordered 2 months ago etc start getting theirs…….

7) looking at other non Uk markets, with more colourful less black interiors, with envy yet somehow we still pay the same money, for errrrr less, and really can’t do sod all about it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RichK and Terminator x
I am falling in the 4 and 6 category, and I am outside of the UK market with colorful interior :D

I have a completely custom order, we don't have "editions" in Poland sadly (sadly?). Should originally have been with me in April 2022, and now it's in factory limbo. Yey.

Hey,

Got a bit of a pickle. My car build started on the 7th of September.

I have received information from my rep that on the 7th they assembled the body panels and that the car was painted.

On the 8 and 9, I have an entry for "Component assembly" and since then there is no information about my car. My rep doesn't know either.

This is what the information looks like on my rep's side:

View attachment 259390

I have translated the Polish to English language.

My question is, are there more steps to this, if so which ones? And if not, what's happening to my car now?
Below was posted a while back on here (can't remember who). The status # might be UK specific, I don’t know, but it still lists the various stages.
So it's either waiting on some components or in QC.

Order Status 00 - Welcome
Order Status 10 - Order Received
Order Status 20 - Preparation
Order Status 21 - Panel Shop
Order Status 22 - Paint Shop
Order Status 23 - Assembly
Order Status 24 - Quality Control
Order Status 30 - 'Your Audi has left Ingolstadt'
Order Status 39 - 'Your Audi is in the UK'
Order Status 40 - Ready for transport to the dealer
Order Status 60 - Left the UK Port on the way to the dealer
Order Status 70 - Arrived at dealer

Reactions: IanL-RS3
Below was posted a while back on here (can't remember who). The status # might be UK specific, I don’t know, but it still lists the various stages.

That seems to be inline with my statuses, I should have done Status 23, and I guess it's pending QC, thanks a LOT for this, this clarifies things a bit.

You’ve missed a bit……

Order Status 80 - For sale at new higher price point please contact your dealer

• Haha
Reactions: RichK, kayemill, LayZ_Pz and 1 other person
I FINALLY have some good news. My car is apparently built! It is now waiting for QC:

My Rep told me they test them on the track, can anyone confirm?

Reactions: RS03???, kayemill and IanL-RS3
I FINALLY have some good news. My car is apparently built! It is now waiting for QC:

View attachment 259681

My Rep told me they test them on the track, can anyone confirm?

We had a discussion about miles all our RS cars come with nearly 40 miles or so on them and apparently that’s track testing or some enthusiastic dock side driving :)

We had a discussion about miles all our RS cars come with nearly 40 miles or so on them and apparently that’s track testing or some enthusiastic dock side driving :)

So you are saying someone will use drift mode before I do? :disrelieved: :tearsofjoy:

Lol I doubt it but they do apparently track test them a bit - how much and how I don't know - others will :)

It’ll be in Transport mode once it leaves the factory. No one can abuse it whilst in TM.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
Your car should arrive with the coloured tracking lines on the tyres i sign that no one has fannied about with it on track
Yeah hopefully I don't get the P-Zeros :D
It’ll be in Transport mode once it leaves the factory. No one can abuse it whilst in TM.

This is what my rep said:

"Quality control on RS models takes place on the track.
Audi must be certain Your RS3 have no problem"

"Unfortunatelly it is not possible, when everything is ok car get new oil, tires and brakes.
Next stop transport to customer J"

"Unfortunatelly it is not possible, when everything is ok car get new oil, tires and brakes.
Not sure about the brakes comment, I don't think that they'll be replacing ceramic disc and/or pads on each car that comes through. :tearsofjoy:

Not sure about the brakes comment, I don't think that they'll be replacing ceramic disc and/or pads on each car that comes through. :tearsofjoy:
What I was thinking, maybe they have a specific set of disc and pads that are for their testing phase, and they replace those after with brand new ones?

What I was thinking, maybe they have a specific set of disc and pads that are for their testing phase, and they replace those after with brand new ones?
Pass. It would be interesting to see one go through the testing though.

Reactions: LayZ_Pz

Its just a small track close to the factory not brands hatch every car gets driven before its moved o its not just exclusive to the Rs3 A3 technik

Its just a small track close to the factory not brands hatch every car gets driven before its moved o its not just exclusive to the Rs3 A3 technik
Yep seems like it is, there's even a car driving on it on the google maps picture:

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
Sooooo my car has finally left the factory! It's on a train from Ingolstadt to Poznan, Poland.

However I have no idea about the time frame for when it will actually arrive in Poznan, and then to another city where i am meant to take delivery..

Anyone has a clue about how long that should take?

Reactions: Daggerit
Sooooo my car has finally left the factory! It's on a train from Ingolstadt to Poznan, Poland.

However I have no idea about the time frame for when it will actually arrive in Poznan, and then to another city where i am meant to take delivery..

Anyone has a clue about how long that should take?
Train may be quicker than a cargo ship. Once it arrives at Poznan, cleared by customs, then on transport to your dealer, pdi then ready for pickup.
Audi have stated 10 days per each stage when queried. In reality it should be quicker, if all cogs align into place within 2-3 weeks, is my guess as volumes of cars being manufactured are so low.

Train may be quicker than a cargo ship. Once it arrives at Poznan, cleared by customs, then on transport to your dealer, pdi then ready for pickup.
Audi have stated 10 days per each stage when queried. In reality it should be quicker, if all cogs align into place within 2-3 weeks, is my guess as volumes of cars being manufactured are so low.
That'd be ideal, been pushing this vacation I have planned for too long now :D