1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Build spec sticker missing options...

Jemster Dec 12, 2017

1. Jemster

Jemster Registered User

I'm a little confused with my car over the options it has and am trying to understand what is a definitive build spec.

When I bought the car, I enquired with Audi over the spec. and they gave me the full list:
    A4 Black Edition Plus TDI quattro 177ps S-tronic
    Tech. Package
    Audi Music Interface
    DVD Player
    MMI Nav Plus
    Radio System for MMI plus
    Voice dialogue system
    Heated front seats
    Phone prep - High with connect

Yes, it has ALL these things. But last night I took a photo of the build sticker in the boot tyre well and it doesn't appear to list a lot of them. When I use the online decoder it makes no mention of the phone prep. It doesn't mention the heated front seats, it lists the nav as "7T6 = Navigation system (MID)" which, I don't think, is MMI+ and it doesn't mention AMI.

The VIN matches up throughout, and Audi used it ok for looking up the spec. but it isn't recognized by oemepc.com either.

Oh and when I tried to order a Lightning cable for the AMI, 2 Audi dealers pointed me at the wrong one based on my registration (MMI compatible, not MMI+). Eventually I took a chance and bought the MMI+ version and it works perfectly (including album art). That makes me think their look-up for the vehicle is incorrect also.

So all-in-all, a little confusing - is it normal for these labels to be incorrect?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. V6_Man

V6_Man Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Does the boot sticker match with the one you have in the service book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Jemster

Jemster Registered User

There is no service book - they swapped over to digital apparently, so I just have invoices for the services (and them logged on the Audi computers)

5. Jemster

Jemster Registered User

Just found a site saying 7T6 is MMI 3G/3G+ so that may be ok as it looks like it incorporates the iPod / USB connectivity - AMI must not be an option on it's own. To be 3G+ there would need to be the "connect" option, but I can't see it on the list.

http://www.u-may.net/html_news/Audi-MMI-Generations-19.html

No mention of the seat heaters though or the phone prep.

6. rum4mo

rum4mo Registered User

Try asking your dealer for a printed copy of that car's "CAR DATA" - that should list everything that was planned to be fitted into that car at initial factory build, but if your car is second hand and has some extras added later on, they will be missing from even that list.

I've never ever found the "build data" sticker to be of that much use on any VW Group car I've bought new or used, "CAR DATA" printout has always worked for me.

jdp1962 and V6_Man like this.
  7. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man Gold Supporter

Good suggestion from @rum4mo there. Also, if the dealer tries to give you any guff about not being allowed to under the Data Protection Act just remind them that the DPA is about the personal data of individuals, not the data of an inanimate object. :)

xpoweruk and V6_Man like this.
  8. Jemster

Jemster Registered User

Thanks, I'll get a car data printout next time I'm in the dealers. I think what the Audi online chat guy gave me would be the same as the car data printout? He worked from the VIN and came up with:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model: Audi A4 Saloon Black Edition Plus 2.0 TDI quattro 177 PS S tronic

Colour: Mythos Black, metallic

Additional Options:
    1. Equipment and design packages
    Technology package
    Audi Music Interface (AMI)
    DVD player
    MMI navigation plus
    Radio system for MMI plus
    Voice dialogue system

Seats/seating comfort
    Heated front seats

Telephone and communications
    Phone prep - High with Connect

Mirrors
    Ext mirrors - bodycolour

Colours
    Interior trim colours S line/coloured stitching seat upholstery col. stitching/dashboard/carpet/headlining
    black-jet grey/black-black/black/black

Exterior colours (metallic)
    Mythos Black, metallic

Standard Equipment
    Uncategorized
    19x8.5J 5-V-Spoke alloys
    Forged alloy wheels 8.5J x 19
    Tires 155/65 R 14 T (ultra-light)

3-spk mf flat-bottm sw paddles
    Audi parking system plus
    Black edition plus for UK
    Sports package
    Black exterior mirror housings
    Audi Music Interface (AMI)
    Rear spoiler
    Bang & Olufsen sound system
    Reinforced bumpers
    Black styling package
    Add. stone guard body covers

Inlays, Piano finish black
    S line package
    S line badge
    Door sill trims w S line logo
    Cruise control
    Cloth headlining - black
    3-zone climate control
    Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
    Electric lumbar support
    Front centre armrest
    Colour DIS
    Reinforced bumpers
    Light / rain sensor
    S line logo, exterior
    Add. stone guard body covers
    Inlays, Matt-brushed aluminium
    Xenon plus
    Automatic headlight adjustment
    LED rear lights
    Headlight washers
    Front sports seats

Sports suspension
    Sprint cloth/leath S line
    --------------------------------------------------------

And I think this is correct, certainly I don't see anything unexpected there. What I don't understand is how the sticker on the car itself doesn't seem to align with this. For example, obviously the seat heaters are in the Audi list for the car, but there is no option code for them on the sticker. Similarly, the phone prep is in that list, but isn't on the option list on the sticker.

It's really only curiosity, maybe these discrepancies are perfectly normal. The option list on the sticker consists of:

8K2 = Separate daytime running lights --NAR--
    0WY = Gross vehicle weight rating
    E2G = Sports package
    7D5 = DVD player
    4UF = Drivers and front passenger air bag with front passenger air bag deactivation
    6XD = Exterior mirrors: electrically adjustable/heated
    5SJ = Left exterior mirror: convex
    6TS = Right exterior mirror: aspherical, large viewing field
    1KW = Disc brakes, rear
    J0B = 520 A (92 Ah) battery
    1LT = Disc brakes, front
    1AT = Electronic stabilization program (ESP)
    1BE = Sports suspension/shock absorption
    3FA = Without roof insert (standard roof)
    5TL = Decorative inserts in piano lacquer
    7X4 = Park distance control, front and rear
    F0A = No special purpose vehicle, standard equipment
    9G2 = Alternator 100-150 A
    0G7 = Tiptronic
    0YH = Weight range 8 installation control only, no requirement forecast
    0JG = Weight category front axle weight range 7
    TM4 = 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 l unit 03L.M
    3NZ = Rear seat bench unsplit, backrest split folding
    8BP = Bi-functional headlight with gas discharge lamp
    U1B = Instrument insert with mph speedometer, clock, tachometer and trip odometer
    X2B = National sales program Great Britain
    QZ7 = Power steering
    2PK = Leather trimmed multi-function sports steering wheel w/ Tiptronic
    8Q3 = Automatic headlight-range adjustment dynamic (self-adjusting while driving)
    9Q8 = Multi-function display/on-board computer
    8Z5 = Not hot country
    DE2 = 4-cyl. turbo dies. eng. 2.0 l/130 kW 4V TDI common rail Base engine TR1,TD1,TM4/TL4/TP4
    7T6 = Navigation system (MID)
    CG9 = Forged alloy wheels 8.5J x 19
    7K1 = Tire pressure warning light
    4X3 = Side air bag front with curtain air bag
    2K5 = Reinforced bumpers
    3L3 = Manual height adjustment for front seats
    4KC = Side and rear windows in heat-insulating glass
    3Y0 = Without roll-up sun screen
    4K4 = Radio remote controlled central locking
    5D7 = Carrier frequency 868 MHz without panic button
    1SA = Without additional front underbody guard
    7MJ = Emission standard EU5 plus
    Q1D = Sports front seats
    4GQ = Windshield in heat-insulating glass

9. meph137

meph137 Registered User

Keen to hear the answer on this one too, my sticker doesn't seem to match either. It also lists the following:

PRCode: E0A = No special edition

When I'm pretty sure it's a black edition (it certainly has everything a black edition would have).

10. gary_a4_quattro

gary_a4_quattro Registered User

Tires 155/65 R 14 T (ultra-light)

That’s from the build spec that the Audi online chat guy provided , there’s obviously some anomaly there, I’ve also seen similar strange tyre sizes on specs listed in car ads on Autotrader etc, Anyone else seen this before ?

11. Jemster

Jemster Registered User

I’d be 99.9% sure that’s referring to the spare wheel tyre size.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. SL11CKK

SL11CKK Registered User

My car is digital service history too and it does have a service book, but more of a sleeve to hold the receipts and such. Inside this booklet is the build sticker

Jemster likes this.
  14. rum4mo

rum4mo Registered User

Surely not a chance, have you tried checking out the rolling radius or circumference of a 155/65 R 14 T against that of the road wheels, can't see that size working for an A4! The space saver will be more like T 125/70 R 19 100M .

Edit:- so maybe give the Audi **** line a miss and head for your dealer and a print out of CAR DATA for that individual car.

Jemster likes this.
  15. Jemster

Jemster Registered User

Yeah, you're right @rum4mo I had the spare out today while getting the wheels balanced and an alignment done. The space saver is a 19". So there's another mystery :grinning: I'll do the car data thing when I'm next in.

@SL11CKK I have that sleeve. Will have to pull it out tonight for another look but I didn't notice the build sticker there.

16. Dippy

Dippy Registered User

My codes say that my black edition is "no special edition" and also that it is tiptronic (it is s-tronic). I think those codes are not what we expect them to be.

17. Jemster

Jemster Registered User

Yeah, mine says tiptronic as well and is s-tronic. It's also a "Black Edition Plus" and makes no mention of special editions or even "no special edition".

I'm glad to hear Build Stickers are not all they're cracked up to be. For a while I was wondering if my car had some dodgy past (missing S-Line badge and door tyre pressure sticker, and then this incorrect build sticker), but after inspecting the underside closely today while it was having the alignment done, everything is in excellent condition and no sign of any "interference" of any kind. Oh and it happens to drive very nicely now it's properly aligned.

18. meph137

meph137 Registered User

I was wondering the very same...!

Jemster likes this.
  19. scotty76

scotty76 Registered User

I have a small service schedule book but I also got the dealer to order a "supplementary service book" in which I collect the stamps as well. I don't like to be tied to the Audi computer though I note some indies now have the kit to update the electronic record.

20. Jemster

Jemster Registered User

Just checked the sleeve and there’s no sticker there. Another thing to check with Audi I guess. Maybe there was a service schedule booklet, but I don’t have it. Oh well. No big problem these days but my OCD may cut in and insist on a replacement ;)

21. V6_Man

V6_Man Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I would ask for the ‘service manual/book’. On my 2014, it is all electronic as well and like @scotty76, I didn’t have any stamps on mine when I picked it up. But I asked Aberdeen Audi to stamp the manual as well as Audi Oxford when I was in for interim service earlier in the year.

scotty76 likes this.
  22. rum4mo

rum4mo Registered User

Seems to be the same for SEAT, my daughter's late 2009 Ibiza SC bought new by her is listed as having special grey painted rear view mirror covers - no, they are body coloured.