Facelift Build date pushed out 10 weeks, hang in or cancel?

JonoNZ

Reaction score
I got some disappointing news from my dealer. The build date for my Sportback has been pushed from week 35 to week 45! That means a late January delivery to NZ (due to voyage time from Europe to Oceania).

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement, I'm actually kind of angry now. Maybe I just need to calm down but I'm seriously considering cancelling and looking at the Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio, a Tesla Model S, or a Porsche something instead -- all of which have much better delivery times.

Did the dealer give a reason on why? I'm based in Victoria, Australia. Production starts this week and delivery is end Oct..

My RS3 PFL went from May to September, I am glad I did not cancel but I was not pleased.

I looked at the Alfa and it us a fabulous drive that unfortunately deprecated like a man hole cover dropped out if an aircraft.

Tesla S is a completely different animal, also good but mad price.

Porsche, not much to say here.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Scarcity of parts (carbon trim and black pack amongst others), though I don't believe it -- seeing lots of others on here having build dates move forward adds insult to injury! Arrrrgh.

I'm seriously considering cancelling

Hopefully you've calmed down some now, it'll still be a great car even if it does arrive 10wks on. Look at it this way, if yours is one of the latter ones built, they might have sorted out any niggling problems that came to light on the early build ones and you'll escape that drama :smilingimp:

I’ve decided to cancel and look at other options.

Incidentally, the sedan is selling very poorly down here and the dealer is offering very good deals on stock they have and can’t move. Expect 20% off, seriously. Audi NZ screwed up pretty badly and expected the NZ market to go for the sedan, but it’s not been well received here. Plenty of orders for the Sportback though, apparently. So if you’re in NZ and like the sedan you can expect a killer deal.

Last edited:
Hey Jono, i hope you've calmed down and sorted your thoughts out, did you still went ahead to cancel your car?

Hey Jono, i hope you've calmed down and sorted your thoughts out, did you still went ahead to cancel your car?
Hi, I’m still grumpy but hanging in there until the end of August and see what happens with the build date. I am looking at other options though, but there aren’t many that took AS many boxes as well as the the FL RS3.

Good news, jumping up and down has managed to get the build week bought forward from 45 to week 38. That means delivery to me late November or very early December. Happy camper now.

Reactions: AudiNutta