Buckets

L1ARR

Reaction score
Guys am currently a S3 owners with the Buckets and I love them. Have been speaking to various dealers to find availability of a RS3 with them, currently there doesn't seem to be much around with the spec i want. Can you give me some input on the standard chairs and if anyone has ran both at some point. My concern is that I will be disappointed without them.

Id say if you are used to them you'll need them in the RS. Try the std seats though if you can.
I turned down a local deal and had to wait and travel because I wanted the bucket seats.
I would say the quality of them doesnt seem the same as the S3 or RS4.
The leather design sagged after 3k mls and Audi say this is general wear and tear??

What spec you after? New or Used?

If you get standard seats, then make sure they have electric lumbar as they're far more comfortable & better for you or make a deal so you swap your buckets into the RS3 if dealer takes your car or find some normal seats to fit into the S3 before selling.

I've got to get me a set of those mats

I have the lumbar support and it does make them better to get the seats just right

I can understand they are not for everyone (some - shall we say wider - passengers comment on the hard lip) but for me the buckets were a must have. If you like to press on, and I suspect you do as you have them in the S3, they add a lot to the experience. Being held firmly in place gives me a better sense of what the car is doing, feel through the seat is a big part of feedback. If you can get one with buckets go for it.

The new Supersport seats in the RS4 are a great compromise but that's for the next RS3.

Cheers guys sorry to duplicate the thread on RS3OC. I need to find the right spec car with Buckets, I don't think I would be happy after having a car with them. I do like the idea of swapping them if I struggle to bag the right spec. My seats have no sagging and still look great after 15k.

Darth Vaders cockpit.........
620872b67fe6e5cdbd4e5295bca74133.jpg

Not mine......... Wish it was, love this finish

Reactions: N8, quattro81 and L1ARR
I have the sports seats and would have gone for the buckets if it wasn't for the fact that I drive the pregnant missus and toddler around, so need to be aware of what they're being subjected too. I may still invest in a driver's side bucket seat at some stage, 'cos the sport's seats aren't quite up to the cornering capabilities of the car at speed.

I have the sports seats and would have gone for the buckets if it wasn't for the fact that I drive the pregnant missus and toddler around, so need to be aware of what they're being subjected too. I may still invest in a driver's side bucket seat at some stage, 'cos the sport's seats aren't quite up to the cornering capabilities of the car at speed.

My wife drove our 3 door S3 whilst being pregnant, too be honest she did moan a bit but loves the car. My current seat backs have been painted Susuka grey with the side panels wrapped in Carbon Fibre. They stand out a mile and change the look of the Bucket.

Any pics of your painted buckets?

If anyone wants pure 2x2 twill lacquered carbon fibre seat backs for the buckets give the guys at Argon Creative a ring as they have done several for the B7 RS4 boys and the quality is exceptional. It is carbon fibre overlay but they were talking about making moulds to make straight replacement parts

If anyone wants pure 2x2 twill lacquered carbon fibre seat backs for the buckets give the guys at Argon Creative a ring as they have done several for the B7 RS4 boys and the quality is exceptional. It is carbon fibre overlay but they were talking about making moulds to make straight replacement parts

Mine are skinned Carbon Fibre but would love a price on replacement parts. Had loads of lush Carbon pannels in my old CSL and loved it.

Darth Vaders cockpit.........
620872b67fe6e5cdbd4e5295bca74133.jpg

Not mine......... Wish it was, love this finish
this is exactly what mine looks like and I couldn't be happier - an RS model deserves a decent finish inside too...

Any idea on the cost mate

If you PM Argon Creative through their site or on Facebook and they'll tell you. I had comfort Recaros in my RS4 so didn't have this done but saw some done on another RS4 and they looked great.

Guys,

As requested pics of the painted buckets with Carbon skinned sides. Hope you all like and see why the RS3 I want has to have these seats.

DSC_0580_zps8e81afce.jpg

DSC_0593_zps8dbd3d9d.jpg

DSC_0595_zpscb48663b.jpg

DSC_0589_zps70f6fea2.jpg

Reactions: N8, quattro81 and robbiemac
Looks better than I expected, but is it me or are those side carbon parts fitted to low, there seems to be a gap at the top I dont recall seeing on mine.

Looks better than I expected, but is it me or are those side carbon parts fitted to low, there seems to be a gap at the top I dont recall seeing on mine.

If they are it's me and my lame fitting skills.

Guys,

As requested pics of the painted buckets with Carbon skinned sides. Hope you all like and see why the RS3 I want has to have these seats.

DSC_0580_zps8e81afce.jpg

Stormtrooper finish I absolutely love this, thanks for posting......

I actually quite like that... I bottled going for the colour coded seat backs as I saw some in red (matching my car) and it looked:puke2:
looks good in white though..... My only concern with the carbon bits would be that with no other interior carbon it'd look out of place, and I wouldn't wanna start skinning everything:think:

Looks great that Mate.

I've seen it a few times before on VW's. Not sure I'd have the balls to do it, like most things oem now.
Must be getting old.

Looks great that Mate.

I've seen it a few times before on VW's. Not sure I'd have the balls to do it, like most things oem now.
Must be getting old.

Thanks Gary, I am not a spring chicken myself. But then again I am young at heart and love cars.

I dont get it, trying for what?