Bucket seats.....

S3AMJ

OEM+
Reaction score
Evening all,

I’m looking for some advice of bucket seats, there are obviously loads to choose from.

I want comfort, well.... as much comfort as you can get from a bucket seat.

I’ve been eyeing up some Recaro Pole Positions for some time now and if I could justify the price, go for the half leather half alcantara which is basically what Audi fit into the Audi TT 240 Quattro sport. I’ve heard mixed reviews on them.

Any others I should consider? Although my car is going in the direction of mega power, I still want to retain some OEMness.... so I don’t want over the top or lary bucket seats.

Thanks for your help.

Ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8fc9c3255c21650b5d2d3cfd3df5b20c.jpg

Picked these up for 300 60 for the harnesses I think... second hand corbeau clubsport they just discontinued they should be bringing out there alternative around September as I asked then these came up, they’re okay do for my track days but obviously not fia

Reactions: b2 and S3AMJ
I’ve been looking at Corbeau as well, they are quite light if I remember correctly. I think the recaro pole positions are 7kg each. No idea what the standard heated ones weigh, a lot I’d imagine

Yeah they’re blammmm and a bit of a **** to get out compared to any other chair Recaro poles are nice I just couldn’t justify paying 700 for one chair

Are yours side mounts? Did you bolt on to the original runners or swap them out for fixed mounts.... been looking at options and OMP do a fixed mount for our cars

They came with fixed mounts and I just bolted into the original front to but the back doesn’t reach so i just drilled a couple of 10mm holes and used m8 nut and bolt

Ah ok. Thanks mate, That’s fairly straight forward then. How do the seats sit? Are they quite high? I’ve heard bolting them to the original runner the seats sit top high.

They sit perfect for me they sit lower than the original recaros I’m 5’8 so had to move it forward the taller you are the lower it goes

I need to get some as well, when I was last searching for seats and sub frames etc I remember reading somewhere that Mk3 Golf / Mk4 Golf / TT 8N and A3 8L are all the same fitment.

59AC9BF4 A9E1 404D 9E69 43CC62BB2C87

Considering something like these but I would have to get the insert blue alcantara to match the existing interior, there heated also do a heated and massage version But don’t know if they tilt n slide to let people i the back with the misses
Being In Passenger seat I can’t get full on race seats wingbacks would be idea but way to expensive might try to find mk4 r32 seats and get retrimmed they are lighter than the s3 because they are manual adjustments not electronic