BTCC (British Touring Car Championship)

The Slug

Reaction score
http://www.btcc.net/html/home.php

Anybody going to watch any of these races, have been to a few over last couple of years. It's a shame Andrew Jordan isnt racing for Vauxhall this year, as they have now pulled out! He's a good lad and Mike his dad, know them well and get to do all their graphics :p

Anyways if your up for a convoy meetup im sure this can be arranged, im most likely to stick to going to the midlands area tracks this year mi thinks......anyone?

:racer:

PS...my money is on JP this year too :p

I've never been to watch a BTCC race. I'm hoping to make the one at Rockingham next month.

I watched the WTCC race at Brands back in 07. I was in the pit lane helping out for one of the support races over the weekend so watched the races from the pit wall. When Priaulx won he parked his car directly infront of me so you saw my mug on TV when he went hugging his mechanics! It was great watching Zanardi walking about too! Knowing what he went through and seeing him there... :respekt:

My mate and I have been to watch 1 live BTCC every year for the last 20 years and can heartily recommend it to anyone that hasn't been before. We've been to about half a dozen circuits in all, including the 1 occasion that the series went to Pembrey in Pembrokeshire.

We've seen some amazing racing, but our first trip to Rockingham last season was awesome, the overtaking was out of this world - watch and learn Bernie et al.

So in answer to yor question - yes, I'm going to be going somewhere this year. Not too sure which circuit yet, we ahven't done Thruxton for a couple of seasons (closest circuit to home) so that may be an option. Need to take a good look at the calendar and work out what fits best.

If there's anyone in two minds about going I would say go for it - the racing's far better than F1 with amazing overtaking and bumper-to-bumper action. Personally, I've never really found Silverstone to offer that much compared to the racing you get at Brands, Thruxton etc. but it's still worth a punt.

I agree with The Slug - Plato is amazing and a really nice guy, be great to see him get the title again! :rockwoot:

agree with that recommendation, we go to every single BTCC, other than Knockhill, which is a bit to far to travel. You will always recognise our pitch as we are displaying the large flag poles, under the banner of the Seat Barmy Army.

Any fans of Motorsport, try and get to see a race, Its a fantastic atmosphere....

and yep, Jason Plato is our hero......!

I remember those days with the privileged Seat parking lol! Do you still have the LCR then Phil?

Oulton park was and still is my favorite but it always seems to clash with my holidays!

I've been to Croft a couple of times. BTCC is brill to watch. I've got a keen eye on how Shaun Hollanby does in the Golf this year.

I used to go to nearly every race back in its 90's magnificance! My dad worked for Vauxhall Motorsport back then so always got free tickets to annoy John Cleland! Volvo estates, Alfas, A4's Lagunas, Mondys, was awesome back then! Not so interested now all the money has gone but its till great racing and plenty of door bashing!

I bought a Mondeo ST24 as a direct result of watching BTCC!! How sad is that!?

Them Alfa's were sexy, 155's if memory serves me right, but the volvo's took some beating haha.....man i feel old!!

Anyways.......Rockingham 25/Apr/2010 Anyone up for a mini cruise/meetup and enjoy the day at Rocker's?

I went to two last year (Thruxton as our nearest and the seasons last race at Brands).

I've got weekend tickets for Thruxton (Easter weekend) and may well treat myself to hospitality for the seasons last race at Brands again (did it last year).

Looking forward to the weekend, Saturday is great because you can get up close to everything in the paddock area.

I can recommend it.

Paul

I used to go to nearly every race back in its 90's magnificance! My dad worked for Vauxhall Motorsport back then so always got free tickets to annoy John Cleland! Volvo estates, Alfas, A4's Lagunas, Mondys, was awesome back then! Not so interested now all the money has gone but its till great racing and plenty of door bashing!

Hey Lee
If you think thats sad what about this....
After drooling over the Vectra SuperTouring 2.5 V6 in Vauxhall showrooms in 1996 I eventually got this
DSCN0026.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

Which eventually went to this..... (Blame layed firmly at Mr Clelands door!)
tourvec.jpg

Between me and the missus this car has been with us for 10yrs now - However it is looking a little worse for wear now and has just been SORN, MOT is up soon too. :(

I went to two last year (Thruxton as our nearest and the seasons last race at Brands).

I've got weekend tickets for Thruxton (Easter weekend) and may well treat myself to hospitality for the seasons last race at Brands again (did it last year).

Looking forward to the weekend, Saturday is great because you can get up close to everything in the paddock area.

I can recommend it.

Paul

Have a gr8 weekend Paul

Yr local to me ain't ya? I'm in Titchfield?

So did I it was a saloon with the RSAP kit, lovely looking car but unfortunately a sheep in wolfs clothing lol!
Really looking forward to the new season, especially now Giovanardi is back in it...........a great racer but also a true gent as well!

Giovanardi does it again ;)

I had a bit of a chat with him, we timed it just right on the Pit Lane session on the Sunday morning and there was no one waiting.

My mates daughters both got pictures with him and he came round and sat on the end of the table. So I asked him how he though his car would be, he said "well should be OK it's the same car as last year" so I wished him good luck and he only went and won the first two races.

It was a good weekend, bit cold and wet on the Saturday - but I was prepared for that - even took waterproof over trousers (been there got very wet and cold before at Thruxton).

Wasn't too keen on the 3rd BTCC race being the last race on the Sunday this year, as it took us 45 minutes to get out of the car park. Previous years we stayed to watch the support races after the last BTCC race and got out of the car park a lot easier.

At one point Tiff Nedell was next in line at the Bar (drinks bitter) but he was with his son and not there in an official capacity, so didn't disturb him. Must have been there to support Plato.

All in a good weekend at a good price.

Looks like AmD have got more work to do on the Golf, but it is very early days for them. Nice to see a Golf going round though.

Paul

Last edited:
Hi. love it have watched it on the box for some years now and at last going to Brands Hatch this weekend with the family which will include my 6 month old daughter. start them young i say, might have a budding Sarah Moor in the family.