Brundle's Gridwalk

S3Alex

Rarely neutral
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I've long been a fan of Martin Brundle,both on and off the track,and his gridwalk is always amusing,but yesterday I think he managed to excell himself in buttonholing the rich and famous.

Started off with Nick Mason.

Then a few assorted folk,before diving in to a gathering including the Crown Prince of Bahrain,(ex)King Juan Carlos of Spain,and rounded it off with Bernie.

The best bit in one sense was that ALL of them,knew him by his first name,and afforded him decent primetime chats.

Good man.

Reactions: Sandra, Alex C and Ghost
Martin Brundle is fantastic, let's dump Suzi Perry who does my head in with her prattling on and talking over Eddie Jordan and David Coulthard.

Reactions: Jake 61, S3Alex and 45bvtc
I think the BBC should make more use of Allan McNish on race day too rather than just practice days; much prefer his race (practice) commentary over Ben Edwards

Reactions: S3Alex, 45bvtc and Sandra
The thing I like about both Allan McNish and Martin Brundle is their knowledge and modesty.

Mcnish is one of the greats of sportscar racing,and so for that matter,is Brundle in some respects.
Both didn't have the success that could have come their way,but it didn't faze them or turn them bitter and twisted.

On his day McNish was the fastest thing in an Audi LMP1,and that last monumental crash must have made him think....

Reactions: Sandra and Alex C