Broken S3

NicheFreak

If in doubt, flat out!
Reaction score
Hi all,

So after 7 months of ownership I have my first problem. Driving in traffic clutch pedal fell to the floor and clutch fluid leaked out underneath engine. No other symptoms beforehand whatsoever.

I'm assuming this is the slave cylinder that's failed? No bits of plastic in footwell so I think the pedal assembly Is OK.

The car hasn't given me any problems whatsoever in the last 7 months and that's with 183k on! So I'm not really surprised that something has broken. Since owning the car I've uprated all the hoses with silicone ones including the tip, had new calipers, shocks and springs fitted because they were tired. Turbo mani gasket done aswell.

I know that changing the clutch is a good move whilst the slave is being changed but should I be looking to change the flywheel aswell? Previously had no issues at all with anything gearbox/clutch related so I'm thinking how would I know if the fly needs doing aswell.

Also is there any other work I should look at doing as per the mileage of 183k

Thanks all

Deffo the slave.
There is a play limit on dual mass flywheels which I can't remember off top of my head. But at that mileage I'd imagine it's fairly worn if the original.
Do the whole lot basically.

Yeah I was thinking the miles were high so better replacing it. All parts ordered car should be ready in a few days, until then Im back in my EP3 Type R and really missing the boost! And the refinement compared to the S3. Going to be sweating on my commute with no ac aswell haha