Broken down; clutch pedal?

carbster09

Reaction score
While driving in town my clutch pedal went to the floorboard. I noted a little piece of broken plastic and actually felt it break! I was told it was a part of the linkage and need a whole pedal assy; ~ £120 total. Does this make sense? Is this common? I bet it would be an easy fix for me; however I had the car towed as I needed to get to a meeting!

carbster09:faint:

mine went to the floor the other day, pulled it back up with my hand and when i push it back down theres a bit of pressure but not much then it hits the floor again....think mines either master or slave cylinder on the clutch

Crazypete00 said:
mine went to the floor the other day, pulled it back up with my hand and when i push it back down theres a bit of pressure but not much then it hits the floor again....think mines either master or slave cylinder on the clutch

slave clylinder most likely,

i just had my master cylinder replaced, didnt solve it, so it was the slave cylinder, so had to get a new slave, clutch kit and white the gearbox was open the flyweek got replace,

paid alll togeth inc labour and parts, £900, it does hurt lol

carbster09 said:
While driving in town my clutch pedal went to the floorboard. I noted a little piece of broken plastic and actually felt it break! I was told it was a part of the linkage and need a whole pedal assy; ~ £120 total. Does this make sense? Is this common? I bet it would be an easy fix for me; however I had the car towed as I needed to get to a meeting!

carbster09:faint:

have a look here

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/

comon problem on the TT, shows you somwhere how to fix it

sounds to me like clutch master cylinder?
apparently the clips are prone to snapping?
got a new one from gsf for £35