Brokedown In France...what Is It???

telski789

Reaction score
Hi,
My a4 2.0tfsi had just completed 700 miles into south of France when all of a sudden it started making a juddering sound and spat all of the transmission fluid out...engine seems fine.looks like oils come from drivers side driveshaft...any ideas?? It's been towed to Audi Bordeaux for inspection tomoro (great ) p.s. It's an auto and changes through the box fine...

Have you any lights on your dash? Is your PRNDS lit up like normal?

Prepare to be raped, I would just get it recovered to Uk and have it fixed here- gearbox will be toast if it was ran with no oil ! I am pretty sure they will give you a 5k estimate...

ok! im back in england but my car is still at AUDI in bordeaux! the oil pipe has failed to the auto gearbox and they want £590 to replace and refill etc... woulkd this include a new oil filter? does this sound expensive? (includes the original diagnostic)

oil filter for the gearbox is £269! it does cover for repatriation but only if the car is beyond repair or massively expensive

oil filter for the gearbox is £269! it does cover for repatriation but only if the car is beyond repair or massively expensive

Apologies......I know nothing about auto boxes.....for that very reason. That's a bummer about being stuck there.....am presuming the diagnosis is that your gearbox is still intact.....doesn't sound as pricey as it could have been considering it's an Audi garage. I hope someone can advise you either way shortly. So you need to get back down there to collect it too.....Jaysus, what a pita.

Good Luck,
A

thats ok Molnboman! its all a learning curve! but i am glad to report that the price of £590 includes the oil filter! PHEW!!