(Broad Range Search Done) MFSW - Coding - Butons Wont functioning correctly :(

KemiksiZ

Reaction score
Hi Folks :)

I got the issue on the topic :( The button lights are working. Left scroll is not working, when I clicked left scroll it raises the volume. Mode is tuning radio stations, bluetooth button makes the same vice versa, left scroll is not working, clicked on left scroll is decreasing the volume. We tried a few codes. But the one here; I found it after we packed back everything and set up my old system with the old module. Is this the right code: 0004042 ? ? ? 0011422 for an A3 with MFSW ???

'' The scroll wheels work which suggests the correct steering ECU is fitted, but it's certainly worth checking is the correct part number. Also check the steering wheel coding on module 16, (not 15 that's the airbag) with vagcom. Mine is coded 0004042 the important bits being -
xxx4xxx - MFSW with radio, telephone & voice control, sounds like yours is set to 2 which is radio controls only
xxxxx4x - In my case board computer & cruise control if you don't have cruise this should be a 1

And also check the long coding for module 19 and look to see if these bits are set.
Byte 02 Bit 0 Steering Wheel Electronics
Byte 03 Bit 7 Telephone

Good luck! ''

You may find my modules part nmbers + my steering wheels part number + the picture of my concert. Car is 2006 year.

My engine no: BLF 283 410

Chasis No: WAUZZZ8P86A193324

Cable: I have the right cable for sure. ( you may see it on the steering wheel picture anyway )

The one I removed: Control Module ( Its not my hand :))

The new one: COntrol Module ( F is not written anywhere, is this the issue? )

My steering wheel: 2006 S3

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
So you mean it is the wrong module?

and if YES, is it any harm on the other controls, electrics except not workin properly buttons?

I can live with it by only reducing & rraising the volume, if there is not any other danger? :)

Last edited:
Perhaps the slip ring unit has an intermittent connection.

Try putting the steering wheel on full lock, then try the buttons.

Thanks mate :)

BUT is the module wrong or correct? :)

And what CODE should be coded?

I'm not sure about these 2 first of all.

Yes definitely wrong module, you need module ending in F for everything to work correctly. As for harming your electrics I wouldn't say so but I'm not totally sure. If you get F module you can fit cruise control as well.

Thanks Ash & Walto..

What is my module for? Which car? I'm gonna sell it, paid 65 GBP :s

( I have cruise already )

I thought the original module was the correct one for MFSW if you already got cruise? Maybe I'm wrong. I used module F to enable the cruise and steering wheel at the same time.

There is a post on here somewhere detailing all the steering modules so Kemiksiz I'm sure if you do a search yo will find exactly what car your module is for.