Brilliant miles per tank from S3 8P

sheardowns3

Reaction score
So i did a motorway run from my home to plymouth which is 326.9 miles. Lets just say i was shocked that my new S3 said i had 1/3 of a tank left and 135 miles showing still left in the tank!!!!!

This was from a full tank of v power doing 70mph all the way :)

8423f84d54f14f191d72d2c38b9a9387.jpg

that's good going that! I haven't done a descent run in mine yet but with mixed town/motorway I get around 325

If I'd just bought an S3, I can guarantee my MPG would be less than half of that haha.

Good going though.

Reactions: sheardowns3
Will power haha, i just wanted to see what she could do on a run with no fun or messing about haha

Thats good.

My wife normally drives mine and gets around 400 miles and thats on a Revo stage 1 map

However when i borrow it for a few miles it drops to around the 280 mark

But one things for sure for something that is over 300bhp , 30mpg plus is amazing !

looking at the computer ;) over the past 5800 miles it has averaged 28.9 between my wife and me driving in lets say a spirited manor :p

To put that in to perspective we sold our MPV Citroen C4 Picaso 1.8 beast and that used to get 27mpg... :eek:

That's good going! I've only managed about 220 miles from a tank :(, I can only hold my eco mode mentality for about 15 minutes at a time before I go and ruin it all... haha :p

Reactions: S3DUST
I did it at 70mph just so i could judge how much fuel it would use. Next time ill try 80mph and post it again

Good going and food for thought for the future :p
My 8L economy drops significantly after 65mph, not sure if you could get quite a bit more for 5mph less!
Dave

I've done a few long runs in mine and did just over 400 miles with the computer saying 25 miles of range left. Averaged something like 35 to gal.
On shorter runs (50 mile each way) I've nearly managed 38 to gal but it's not easy to drive steady...
You don't buy an s3 to drive like miss daisy

28mpg here overall.

That's way better than my last Cosworth,which averaged about 15mpg,and was easily capable of 8mpg.

27mpg overall over the last 8,000 miles.

Except last Sunday when I had a track day at Croft...

11.4mpg over two full tanks. Ouch!

P.

Reactions: S3DUST
When I first bought mine it cost £15 to get from Exeter to Plymouth, roughly 40 miles...

My tdi went from Plymouth to Poole then back to Plymouth on £29, roughly 330 miles.

Moral of my comment, enjoy the s3, that's what it's there for! :racer: