Brighter Avant reversing lights

Bulldog

Reaction score
The reversing lights on my Avant are not very bright & I want to upgrade to a brighter bulb or even led bulbs. I tried some leds which I already have which worked but they threw up bulb out errors I fitted the same leds in my sons Fiesta ST & they look much better & throw out more light so question is what are you using ??

Old

Led

You either have to use some extra resistors to pull some more current and trick the bulb monitor or as suggested above use VCDS to disable the bulb monitoring for the reversing lights. I fitted some LED reversing lights on my B8 and they are a good deal brighter.
Have a look at the VCDS map and see who is near by.

Reactions: Bulldog
I would be interested in this as well. Can't see a thing in reverse at night!
One tip which helps is to flick the rear fog on - I also lightly apply brake pedal.

You would have thought Audi would test their vehicles at night - doesn't cost much to stick a higher wattage bulb in there!

I'll see who's got VCDS near me & I'll get some brighter leds I've had the bulbs out & cleaned them up as they was quite dirty which helped a bit but didn't make a massive improvement.

I have struggled to find bulbs which give out more visible light.
I bought some claimed 50W led bulbs off a seller on this forum and they were worse than standard.
My car is an auto so I left foot brake to shine some light while I reverse.

The leds I have already are pretty bright but I know I can get brighter ones. Mines auto as well so I use the brake lights too it's only really noticeable when I back into my carport I'm sure the bulbs I had in my A3 was halogen type ?

Problem is in the optics guys, Audi created the lens and reflectors soon small no matter how hard you try they will never be bright enough to light up the road behind.

I have struggled to find bulbs which give out more visible light.
I bought some claimed 50W led bulbs off a seller on this forum and they were worse than standard.
My car is an auto so I left foot brake to shine some light while I reverse.

A seller? Are they a trader on here then?

Again, you could have a bulb with 50 led's but won't make it any brighter, if that 50w bulb was in the incorrect position within the reflector its Defo going to be worse. I have some bulbs that measure and will sit in exactly the same place as the oem halogen meaning the reflector is utilised.

I have been doing this 5 years now, 4.5years as a registered sponsor and I am constantly learning more and more about it all, I'm not just a seller than buys in to sell, I understand how all this works.

Give mine a try with a refund if your not happy.

Trups

Reactions: RS5 JON
Hi.

They will need coding, they have worked on some cars without.

From now untill the end of jan I am going to do them for £15 including uk postage, they are usually £19 per pair.

Hmmm. I have stuck a pair of supposed canbus error free led's in today, they are bright enough but trip the light out warnings. Ive changed every interior bulb to led error free's without any problem. Why do these throw up the errors?

From now untill the end of jan I am going to do them for £15 including uk postage, they are usually £19 per pair.

I'll have a pair off you, PM me payment details please :)

Tell us the coding for a B8.5 please :)

I would be interested how you code out the LEDs using VCDS. I have VCDS but have never done anything like this. I had LEDs in my A3 sidelights and just had a resistor kit fitted but now have a 2007 A4 with tinted (Fly Eyes) lights, I am reluctant to take the tint off as it suits the car, LEDs may just be the answer.

Hi.

They will need coding, they have worked on some cars without.

I'll take a pair off you T8ups, Can you send me payment details?

Cheers.