Bridgestone Potenza v Turanza

RichK

Reaction score
Posted this on the A3/S3 8Y forum but keen to see what you RS3 guys say too:

So I needed 2 new front tyres following a puncture. Called up the local tyre Co and requested Bridgestone 235/35/19 for a 22 plate Audi S3. Had them fitted this morning and noticed they have fitted the Bridgestone Turanza tyre and not the Potenza. The Potenza is a performance tire whilst the Turanza is a touring tyre.
The question is, as an average driver, will I actually notice any difference in performance/grip in reality?

Never thought about mentioning Potenza as in my mind I assumed the tyre fitters computer system would have told them the exact tyre for the S3 model.

Probably not.
I've tried both and both are very good tyres on any car and are limited only by your driving ability, if you're pushing a car that hard on a public road then you should expect consequences with any tire.

Probably not.
I've tried both and both are very good tyres on any car and are limited only by your driving ability, if you're pushing a car that hard on a public road then you should expect consequences with any tire.
That was my thought too - thanks.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
From the manual:

Vehicles with all wheel drive: all four wheels must be equipped with tires that are the same brand and have the same construction and tread pattern so that the drive system is not damaged by different wheel speeds.

It also might be an idea to check the tread wear, traction, temperature, load index, and speed rating which are all stamped on the sidewall.

Same speed rating. Not sure on the other specs, but interestingly if you go on the Bridgestone website and select the car it brings up the potenza or turanza as an option for the S3.

Same speed rating. Not sure on the other specs, but interestingly if you go on the Bridgestone website and select the car it brings up the potenza or turanza as an option for the S3.
I'd say you still need to have all four the same.