Bridgestone Potenza v Turanza

RichK

Reaction score
So I needed 2 new front tyres following a puncture. Called up the local tyre Co and requested Bridgestone 235/35/19 for a 22 plate Audi S3. Had them fitted this morning and noticed they have fitted the Bridgestone Turanza tyre and not the Potenza. The Potenza is a performance tire whilst the Turanza is a touring tyre.
The question is, as an average driver, will I actually notice any difference in performance/grip in reality?

Never thought about mentioning Potenza as in my mind I assumed the tyre fitters computer system would have told them the exact tyre for the S3 model.

Last edited:
So I needed 2 new front tyres following a puncture. Called up the local tyre Co and requested Bridgestone 235/35/19 for a 22 plate Audi S3. Had them fitted this morning and noticed they have fitted the Bridgestone Turanza tyre and not the Potenza. The Potenza is a performance tire whilst the Turanza is a touring tyre.
The question is, as an average driver, will I actually notice any difference in performance/grip in reality?

Never thought about mentioning Potenza as in my mind I assumed the tyre fitters computer system would have told them the exact tyre for the S3 model.
i had a similar dilemma when l first got new replacement tyres for the front of my S3... national tyres fitted the wrong type of Pzeros so l had 2 different tyres fitted but being a tyre snob l got rid of them..i suggest you wane yourself off Bridgestones and go onto Pirelli or Michelin far superior tyres

It's like you ask for michelin or Pirelli for S3 and they put on Energysaver/Primacy or P7s. Though saying that I'm surprised they had Turranza T005s in 19 inch fitments. As OP said, in an S3, got for Michelin PS4 grade, or maybe Goodyear Eagle F1. Were you expecting the Potenza S005 or the Potenza Sport tyres?

It's like you ask for michelin or Pirelli for S3 and they put on Energysaver/Primacy or P7s. Though saying that I'm surprised they had Turranza T005s in 19 inch fitments. As OP said, in an S3, got for Michelin PS4 grade, or maybe Goodyear Eagle F1. Were you expecting the Potenza S005 or the Potenza Sport tyres?
Originals are potenza S005, which are currently on the rear. I will remember next time to specify an exact name other than just Bridgestone 235/35/R19 91y for a 22 plate S3. In reality I’m not sure I’ll notice any difference. It’s not like I track the car lol

Last edited:
You might see your fuel economy improve. Though wouldnt they have put the older tyres from rears to front and new ones to rears?

You might see your fuel economy improve. Though wouldnt they have put the older tyres from rears to front and new ones to rears?
rears are nearly new, they’ve only done 5k.

Bridgestone tyres are awful in either guise. Noisy, poor traction and grip. Replaced the Bridgestone Potenza RE050s on my old Golf R and it was like a different car. Similarly Turanzas on a Polo GTI+ were so awful, I replaced them very early doors.