Q5 Bridgestone Dueller Tyres

KJN

Reaction score
Hi.
Looking for a bit of advice here please, the tyres on my Q5 on a 65 plate with 8t ( yes eight thousand) miles on the clock have been confirmed by local tyre fitters ( good reputable company) as perished. Front two outer side of tyre,Rear two bad cracks in the ridges of the tyres. Have checked the manufacturing date and they are showing week 27 of 2015. What action would you take and what outcome can I expect. Thanks.

Pics ?

If you even buy brand new tyres they have just 12 months warranty .

I've had all four crack outer top edge after just 16 months and 4K, late July 2016 DOT codes .

Checked on Bridgestone site and they state five years warranty against defects so, will try emailing them. Thks.

Reactions: Gazwould
D3F5CF59 A19D 4CA0 B738 3891349A75F8 775CDCF5 8816 467F 97EE B57908623079

I think the problem may be that the tyres have UV deterioration through lack of use of the car, especially if the tyres have stood for long periods without being rotated.

Allan G . Thanks for the input. Four new tyres purchased now and the old ones sent to Bridgestone for examination. Watch this space.

No problem, KJN......will be interested to hear Bridgestone's response....good luck!

Reactions: KJN
Allan G
No problem, KJN......will be interested to hear Bridgestone's response....good luck!

Heard today, 80 per cent allowance on two tyres 75 per cent allowance on the other two. Happy with that.