Brennan's A4 B8 Progress Thread

Should have just bought an S-Line!lol :p

Am just saying, if you want your motor to look more like an S-Line with the OEM Headlights etc! :p ... I will slap you back for thread hijacking lately!! :box:

Reactions: ruairi83 and Brennan
Not a big update but was bored this evening so i darkened my rear indicator and reverse lenses. Looks a lot meaner and suits the black :)

15330185466_39c43a28fe_c.jpg

Finally got the OEM side blades on tonight, the ones i took off, ive never seen such bad workmanship in my life. 4 screws holding on each one on, as soon as i removed the screws they fell off onto the floor.

My mates mum just bought a B8 S-Line yesterday which i didnt know about, my mate landed down to my house in it just as i was fitting my blades, couldnt believe my luck haha so used it to measure where mine should be seated.

Anyway, they look great and are so solid compared to the bits of crap that where screwed to my car. Will get some pics up when i get my phone back up and running again :)

Reactions: BigGreg
got my windows done today, 30% rear, 45% front.

Another fantastic job done by James at Carnology. Highly recommend him

Pics taken by James himself

1002640_776650102418827_2110202700584545578_n.jpg

10356030_776650095752161_5443047243868227817_n.jpg

Reactions: V6 Quatt and Gaz170
Looks nice Aaron, but Mr Police man isn't going to like seeing tints on the front windows!:p

Reactions: Brennan
No to short plates but you darken the front windows? Good luck with that, hope the Bacon are too busy stopping guys with funky plates in NI to notice the tints.
Must say though, looks rather spot on!

I git a warning for tinted front windows i didnt even know they were done the previous owner must of done them when they had the car

So mister police nan said get the of gave me a producer and had to go to an MOT garage to make sure it had been down and if not 3 poibts and 60 pound fine i think it was

Looking good Brenn but yeh Pc plod may not think so! that said its coming along nicely with your mods:applaus::thumbs up:

Earlier you said " got my windows done today, 30% rear, 45% front."
Are you sure thats the right way around usually you have more tint in the rear than the back .
The legal maximum for tinted winscreen and front side windows is 30%
https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

If you have a 30% tint you will be OK with the law. When I used to work on days our office over looked a car park that the police used to use when stopping vechicles. And I have seen them measuring the tint on a window and then making the owner peel the tint off before they will let him drive the car away.

Karl.

thanks all, yeah will just have to keep an eye out lol

The police are the least of your worries in my opinion. You will have to maintain your driving skills at top level to observe weaving cyclists/motorcyclists and dozy pedestrians during the approaching dark nights. Magistrates and insurances companies may take into account tinted windows in the event of any incident.
Safe driving.....

Reactions: dubak
Got my RS4 grill on, me and my mate fitted it yesterday.

Really happy with it, so much nicer than the old one

Rear pressed plate on too, just need to fit the front one

Also genuine Audi OEM side blades sprayed and fitted, the old copy ones were binned

15572156592_9b81cfc65e_c.jpg

15547721016_f0cbd7ba29_c.jpg

14950677514_3af978fee6_c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulldog and ruairi83
Very nice Aaron. Car looking great. Did you have to paint the front bumper crash bar? How long did it take to fit bud?

Thanks buddy, yeah painted the crash bar black. Near had the bumper fully on before i remembered about it. Took about an hour as it was the first time we've had the bumper off mine.

Reactions: ruairi83
Looking well Aaron, are those fogs a different colour?lol

Cheers Shaun, yea it's starting to take shape now. The fogs are just standard ones

Yep it all takes time and money!... Awh ok, just looked different from that angle!lol.. Did you get the rear light sorted ok?...

A lot of money lol nah I need to drop it down to the local spark on Tuesday night, hopefully he can find if there's anything wrong

May have some OEM DRls to fit yours soon Brennan would look good on yours....;)

Reactions: NVM and Brennan
Changed yellow DRL to LED

14652182829_076e188647_c.jpg

14481503359_afd5134979_c.jpg

Hey pal, Quick question if you don't mind, I assume you had to remove the headlight units when changing the DRLs, did you have to break the plastic circle covers to replace the bulbs?? What do you use to 're-cover' the hole..

Any pics?

@BrennanTDi is your car lowered more than the S-Line or is it the wheels that are making it look lower than it is ?

but either way mate its looking smart should be proud of it

@BrennanTDi is your car lowered more than the S-Line or is it the wheels that are making it look lower than it is ?

but either way mate its looking smart should be proud of it
Yeah mate lowered on sport springs much more than an s-line and thanks mate yea I am proud of it most days lol

How
Got my RS4 grill on, me and my mate fitted it yesterday.

Really happy with it, so much nicer than the old one

Rear pressed plate on too, just need to fit the front one

Also genuine Audi OEM side blades sprayed and fitted, the old copy ones were binned

15572156592_9b81cfc65e_c.jpg

15547721016_f0cbd7ba29_c.jpg

14950677514_3af978fee6_c.jpg

How did u find fitting the blades? Just a stick on job?