Brennan's A4 B8 Progress Thread

Next up is to get the exhaust sorted, SE exhaust looks rubbish and doesnt sit right with the S-Line diffuser. I will be going for an offset chrome twin tip.

I have also ordered a Rieger style boot spoiler from Ebay Germany, so it should be with me by Monday.

Set of 5000k HIDs coming in a couple of days as halogen lights are poor.

Reactions: benjie
Love the rims matey on your a4 also the DLR LEDs make it look so much fresher. Nice to see another black Audi, looks brilliant in this color when clean.

Long time no speak!lol.. Looking well Aaron the diffuser looks better! :)... Maybe debadge next perhaps?

Long time no speak!lol.. Looking well Aaron the diffuser looks better! :)... Maybe debadge next perhaps?

Hahaa true I seen you walking out if the dealership and I was thinking, is that Shaun or just a guy who looks like him, then you spoke ha! I took off the 2.0 badge tonight so just says TDi now

Last edited:
Reactions: Point_Audi
lol thanks man yea not sure whether or not to get light tint all round or dark rears.

Yeah I get a bit of jip on the road from others because I'm young lad in an Audi lol

Here matey if your looking rear tints i know a guy in ballyclare who i have used for years for tinting, he charges around £120 for all the rear and he does an amazing job. He tinted a A4 i had a few years ago that and many of my other cars

Hahaa true I seen you walking out if the dealership and I was thinking, is that Shaun or just a guy who looks like him, then you spoke ha! I took off the 2.0 badge tonight so just says TDi now

I noticed your car when I parked up so was keeping an eye out for you!lol ... Good stuff Aaron, I funny left the TDI on mine for a while also, they removed it!lol ..

Here matey if your looking rear tints i know a guy in ballyclare who i have used for years for tinting, he charges around £120 for all the rear and he does an amazing job. He tinted a A4 i had a few years ago that and many of my other cars

I get James at Carnology, Bangor to do all my cars mate he's fantastic. He's contracted to do a lot of cars for dealerships

I noticed your car when I parked up so was keeping an eye out for you!lol ... Good stuff Aaron, I funny left the TDI on mine for a while also, they removed it!lol ..

Yeah shame it was dirty lol. Felt real bad parking a dirty car there hah

may i ask where you got drl bulbs and pice and how many in each light, and were they easy to fit ive not even changed any bulbs to now so dont know whats inside, also about the hid kit sounds good any info on that and some pics after fitted would be nice thanks,motor looks stunning mate.
Changed yellow DRL to L

14652182829_076e188647_c.jpg

14481503359_afd5134979_c.jpg

Thanks lad. The LED bulbs are from eBay, they are P13W and you will need 4 of them, 2 for each headlight. they are usually sold in pairs. Mine are 11W, I got them as a set of 4 from WeSellHIDs, although I am having issues with one of the bulbs going out and coming back on every 2 seconds. Although I'm not entirely sure it's the bulb as my dipped beam H7 bulb was going dim and bright again one night. I'm hoping it's a loose connection somewhere.

As for the HIDs I'm fitting them hopefully tomorrow night so I'll take some pics for you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: r15wne
Here matey i think i saw you yesterday around 12.10pm going past Newtownabbey tec heading to Carrickfergus direction. Was it you as i was a few cars behind you at one point then got held up by traffic lights.

Here matey i think i saw you yesterday around 12.10pm going past Newtownabbey tec heading to Carrickfergus direction. Was it you as i was a few cars behind you at one point then got held up by traffic lights.

Yep that was me lol been working in Carrick for the past 2 days. Funny enough I thought I saw you too, was going to mention it on here but forgot about it

Reactions: Stevo M81
What wheels are those? They look like rotiform sna? What width & offset are they?

They are AVA Memphis lad, 9.5J all round. Not sure of the offsets as I haven't had the wheels off the car yet

Next up is to get the exhaust sorted, SE exhaust looks rubbish and doesnt sit right with the S-Line diffuser. I will be going for an offset chrome twin tip.

I have also ordered a Rieger style boot spoiler from Ebay Germany, so it should be with me by Monday.

Set of 5000k HIDs coming in a couple of days as halogen lights are poor.
Does the s line rear diffuser fit non s line. Where did you purchase yours and at what cost

Does the s line rear diffuser fit non s line. Where did you purchase yours and at what cost

No its not supposed to but mine has one, the dealer put screws up through it to hold it on :huh: looks ok though but i will be getting the proper s-line bumper soon

Occassionally i like it when Mr post man visits :jump::jump::jump:

14880825123_d28ec6ffba_z.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaz170 and ShaneSun
No its not supposed to but mine has one, the dealer put screws up through it to hold it on :huh: looks ok though but i will be getting the proper s-line bumper soon
Would you mind taking a photo of the fitment when you get a chance. Might do this myself. Thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407967356051775ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407967451274434

Pics of the Hids I installed, 5000k so not really blue

Last edited:
Nice progress. Good choice opting for the 5k rather than the whiter 6k or chavtastic 8k. At least you will be able to see where you are going! Oh and about the exhaust, plleeaaassseee dont make your car sound like a Bora/Toledo/Tractor with that "pppiiooww" sound. Naaaa I know you wouldnt you have more sense driving an audi :kissmyrings: lol

Got my spoiler on last night. Its not as noticeable on a black car but adds a subtle sporty edge to the rear. :D

14936899646_fe37f64a06_c.jpg

14936928956_5a6122affb_c.jpg

14773232240_020637d00e_c.jpg

14957173001_3d68e70d66_b.jpg

14773402440_44aa4ef51f_c.jpg

Reactions: benjie and s3_trev
cheers guys. Got my chrome tips on today, took off the back box too. Thanks to Dee's Exhausts, Newtownabbey. Car purrs now :D

Before
14220455507_93dba00aee_c.jpg

After
14785147487_b9f5242efc_c.jpg

14785116039_a577b0fbe9_c.jpg

Reactions: ShaneSun
Hi mate loving the car. Just got a question about your HIDS is there a beam pattern on them? Were they difficult to fit?
Cheers
They are in halogen housings so the beam pattern isn't as sharp as they would be on projector housings, but it does the job fine. I have them angled down onto the road so they don't blind anyone. I haven't had one other car flash at me yet.

It's the best of a bad situation, I wish my car had factory xenon but this is the best I can do with what I have. The light output is fantastic compared to the poor halogen bulbs.

Hi mate when you say it purs has it altered the exhaust not at all ?
Not sure what you mean bud but It has a low down pur to it, you can hear it when going up through the gears, not very noticable but it definitely wasn't there prior to removing the backbox

On a cold start there is moderate noise, you'd know something was removed from the exhaust but once car is warmed up it goes quiet again