Brembo's off a Leon Cupra R, Will they fit an S3?

Parf7

Reaction score
Will the Brembo braking package that is fitted to the Seat Leon Cupra R fit an S3?
Has anyone tried this?

yes they will fit the S3, but you have to ensure you get the mounting bracket as well.

You are better off buying the complete package from a company like AMD as Brembo sell a complete Front brake conversion kit for the S3/TT, which is the same caliper as the Leon Cupra R.

Hope this helps.

Why is all most every time there is a discussion about brake discs everyone fussing about are the discs drilled or not. The fact that are they drilled or not only effects the cooling of the brake, all tough when the brake cools faster it will not heat the brake fluid so fast via the pads which will result in a better feel and the brakes will not umm.. how do you say it, get tired?
headshake.gif

But the fact is they look absolutely wicked
cool.gif

Btw when English people say bo selecta what does it mean?? Just a dumb Finn and can't figure it out.

[ QUOTE ]
TechnicalWonderFIN said:
Why is all most every time there is a discussion about brake discs everyone fussing about are the discs drilled or not. The fact that are they drilled or not only effects the cooling of the brake, all tough when the brake cools faster it will not heat the brake fluid so fast via the pads which will result in a better feel and the brakes will not umm.. how do you say it, get tired?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite Techwonder the drilled is not just for cooling but for venting the gasses released during braking from the pad, both the heat and the gas cause fade, which is a glaze caused between the pad and the disc.

[ QUOTE ]
Parf7 said:
So if I was to buy the calipers and mounting brakets from Seat they would simply bolt onto the car and I could use the existing discs - Yes? One assumes I would need new pads due to the new callipers being bigger - Yeah?
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure about using the existing discs - what size are the discs on the Leon cupra R? If they are the S3 size (312m IIRC) then no probs me thinks, but what about thickness??.

The disc in the Brembo kit uses 324X28mm IIRC so these are different to the S3 disc.

Yes, different pads - totally as the Brembo ones are totally different (not much meat on them though!).

If you want these brakes then why not just get the complete kit from the likes of AMD which included drilled discs etc then you're all sorted.

Alex: Thanks mate!

Gambba: Yeah umm I've heard talk about the gasses propably a time or two but never really paid that much attention to it. Well never hurts to learn more.

Well the reason I asked is to solve a fade problem that I have with the brakes on the track, you know hot gasses between pad and rotor, every little bit helps.
I will probably stick with my original idea of Tarox discs and standard calipers with red stuff pads.

[ QUOTE ]
lost_it said:
Well the reason I asked is to solve a fade problem that I have with the brakes on the track, you know hot gasses between pad and rotor, every little bit helps.
I will probably stick with my original idea of Tarox discs and standard calipers with red stuff pads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lost it, if you're are heavy into track driving then I would suggest Movit's or Porsche big brakes, from what little I know nothing stands up to punishment the way they do. I don't think my EBC's would handle any serious track punishment as I know I can only just cope with them on the road, so i doubt Tarrox's will be any better. Also with red stuff pads you will have small pieces of material stick to your wheels, causing damage.

I used to run red stuff on my Evo they are a good pad but need serious warming up. Good for the track, but if you use the car on the road they could turn out to be a pain in the @rse!!
Best do what Gambba suggests and upgrade your callipers. If your after an improvement at a relatively cheap price there is a group buy going on with Brembos (Callipers, discs & pads), not as good as the Porsche items but around half the price and better than standard. Check out the group buy section.