brembo brakes bring up fault!

nath-w

Reaction score
i have brembo brakes and because there is no wear indicators on them, everytime i get in my car, it beeps and tells me the brake pads are low. anyone know how to stop the car from doing this as its getting annoying now???

Humm... double post :)

short out the pad wear connector on the passenger side strut or I think it can be coded out using VAGCOM.... I am looking inot this at the moment as I want to do thast when I fit my DS2500's

<tuffty/>

Take the plug off the old OEM pads put a link across it and plug back in, job done!!!

The pads work by having the link embedded in the pad material, so that when the pads wear down the link is worn through by the discs when braking creating an open circuit thus triggering the alarm. By doing the solution above you permanately create a closed circuit thus tricking the computer into thinking the pads are fine. The beauty of doing this is if you ever want to go back to OEM everything is already in place, just take out the modified plug and plug in the new one attached to the new pads and everything is back to standard.

cool. right il try that tomorrow and let you know if it works. cheers