Brembo 18z.. Compiling parts.

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
I've just purchased a pair of brembo 18z callipers to put on my 2007 s3 8p. Over the next week or two I'm going to purchase the bits required to fit them.ive been doing a bit of research as to what I need and I think I'm on the right track. I just want to make sure I get the right bits. Any advice grateful.

Discs - Mercedes Gl450 350mm discs

Hubcentric rings to space discs on hub 65.1mm to 67mm. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111305456764

Bolt kit http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401088869596

Pads http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222008390813

Brake lines mk4 r32 ?? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322258203877

Bump for interest

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Abort!!!! I was trying to buy hardware from a supplier and rather than just selling me the stuff he very kindly told me the hubs on the s3 are alloy/aluminium and not suitable for the 18z calipers. The two options are
1. Replace the lightweight aluminium hubs with mk5 gti ones.
2. Grind away about 5mm off the hub.

I don't really want to do either. I'm sure the hub is exactly the thickness it needs to be to be strong

I'd wait to see what others with S3's say but I've got the equivalent of the mk5 GTI (A3) and the 18Z calipers fitted fine but you can fit the S3 brakes to either the A3 OR S3 so I don't quite get how the 18Z's wont fit to the S3 hubs when they fit the A3 etc!

Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer
Alex

I'd wait to see what others with S3's say but I've got the equivalent of the mk5 GTI (A3) and the 18Z calipers fitted fine but you can fit the S3 brakes to either the A3 OR S3 so I don't quite get how the 18Z's wont fit to the S3 hubs when they fit the A3 etc!

Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer
Alex
Thanks for the input. I found a pic of the s3 hub beside the mk5 (and I assume the a3) all the holes are in the same place but the s3 is bigger

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 479
I'm sure I wouldn't have a problem finding someone with a mk5 to swap hubs with me as the s3 ones are lighter

From that picture I can see no reason that the 18Z's wouldn't fit
Really? Well I'll be back in Ireland tomorrow and the calipers are waiting for me. I will offer them up to the hub and see what the story is. Believe me I hope you are right!!

Reactions: grainqey
well from looking at the picture, worst case scenario you have the little noggin that sticks out just below the bolt hole which mine do and the calipers cleared that so I think the supplier is talking B.S but could still be proven wrong! - don't forget only the bolts go on the side in the picture but by looking at the rear of them they just look beefier which is typical of Al vs Steel but the actual mounts don't look to impede the mounting any more or less in the direction of the caliper from the mounts and also the mounting faces are still proud of the main construction!

Post up when you offer it up, just try it without the disc even as that will sort it's self out once it is mounted with the spigot rings - it's easier to get to the nuts and bolts that way too just for trial fitment onto the hub

Hi to everyone new in this forum and sorry in advance if I don't write well cause my English its not the best anyway. I just want to help goodbuzzman1 for his issue about the brembo 18z's installing.i just installed brembo 18z's to my 2010 s3 8p with stock wheels with 13mm spacer.

I changed my aluminum hubs and put from an Audi a3 1.4tfsi 2010 to steel hub all the holes are exactly the same there's no ANY issue trust me and don't worry about the weight cause the difference it's about 200grams. Wheels 18x7.5 5x112 et54 with 13mm spacer clear it perfectly. They are braking super bro. Hope I helped at least a little.

I changed my aluminum hubs and put from an Audi a3 1.4tfsi 2010 to steel hub all the holes are exactly the same there's no ANY issue trust me and don't worry about the weight cause the difference it's about 200grams. Wheels 18x7.5 5x112 et54 with 13mm spacer clear it perfectly. They are braking super bro. Hope I helped at least a little.
Thanks for the reply. I have ordered a set of Mk5 gti hubs which should work fine. Your brakes look great. My car is sprint blue so I think I'm going to paint them silver. I'd like to make them stand out but I think red would be a bit too much. My wheels are 18x8 et45. I'm hoping they will clear the brakes but we will see

Will fit without spacer cause a friend has the o.z ultraleggera 18x8 et45 with the same brakes without spacers.

They seem to be similar fitment like ttrs brakes then.
I think member on here (fuzion i think) has a sprint blue s3 with red brembo brakes and it looks perfect! Try to search for his photos on the forum.

Hello, Anybody with 18Z on alloy hubs? What need to be grinded? :)