Breathing and Exhaust upgrades

randy4

Reaction score
I’m a proud new 5 pot owner in a FL sedan. I want a few upgrades to lift performance only a tiny bit but mainly gain sound. My reason being I have 3 years warranty and doing a remap is a little out of the question for at least 18months so let’s hear the potential rather than feel it if you get me.

Therefore I’m looking at exhaust modifications, I don’t want to replace the whole thing but more so see what people are doing (mine is the standard exhaust) Also better airflow to that turbo as it looks a little restricted from the piping. I’ve seen the 2k eventuri which looks awesome but it seems too expensive for from the get go.

I’ve come from a stage 1+ S3 8V and things are a little different here therefore I want to see what works and what doesn’t without breaking the warranty heavily or failing MOTs with no cats etc.

thoughts?

I’m thinking 034 induction and hard pipe and decat secondary cats with scorpion pipes?

67 plate - why what are you thinking?
Ok so with the 67 plate cars you don't have any secondary cats to remove so no alteration to be done there, you could try to find a Audi sports exhaust on the cheap or look at someone like PCW exhaust mods who can modify your current exhaust internally to make it louder otherwise it is decat/sports cat which would require stage 2 software.

Induction wise the best money spent will be on a turbo elbow main options being the forge and the Unitronic 3"

The best price/performance would be a forge elbow+ hard pipe + panel filter.

If you want some nice induction sound then I would go for an intake as the standard intake even with a panel filter has no audible induction sound still. I'm using the 034 carbon intake and very pleased with it so far alongside the unitronic 3" elbow.

Ok so with the 67 plate cars you don't have any secondary cats to remove so no alteration to be done there, you could try to find a Audi sports exhaust on the cheap or look at someone like PCW exhaust mods who can modify your current exhaust internally to make it louder otherwise it is decat/sports cat which would require stage 2 software.

Induction wise the best money spent will be on a turbo elbow main options being the forge and the Unitronic 3"

The best price/performance would be a forge elbow+ hard pipe + panel filter.

If you want some nice induction sound then I would go for an intake as the standard intake even with a panel filter has no audible induction sound still. I'm using the 034 carbon intake and very pleased with it so far alongside the unitronic 3" elbow.

Thanks Sequence for the info, still trying to wrap my head around the differences in the exhausts on the different years and the RS Sports exhaust which I believe I do not have.

I did spot this guy’s vid about replacing the centre pipes which he calls a “big surprise”

with scorpion pipes. Sounds odd but he reckons is a big difference?

That’s odd...FL doesn’t have secondary decats?!

That’s odd...FL doesn’t have secondary decats?!

Looks like he just replaced the factory straight thru pipes with Scorpion straight thru pipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like he just replaced the factory straight thru pipes with Scorpion straight thru pipes

Yeah seems a mad thing to do but potentially bigger bore which might alter the sound. But you’d have thought it would be unnoticeable.

So a complete waste of time, surely?!

So a complete waste of time, surely?!

Comments suggest it’s no louder.
Can’t see it making a difference myself.

Only thing that’s different is the new one has a slightly different shape to the OEM pipes.

Thanks Sequence for the info, still trying to wrap my head around the differences in the exhausts on the different years and the RS Sports exhaust which I believe I do not have.

I did spot this guy’s vid about replacing the centre pipes which he calls a “big surprise”

with scorpion pipes. Sounds odd but he reckons is a big difference?

I reckon this is just a case of the big ol placebo in the form of 2 bits of steel

Reactions: 8YARWY
From reading a little further into it Im not sure if the video is more about the surprise to the owner that there are decat pipes on rather than expecting secondary cats. I think I’ll just put the money into the Cete valve controller - this seems to most to give a little more sound if I’m right?

From what I’ve read about the CETE, it just allows the exhaust to be truly open. Apparently even when in dynamic mode, the valves are fully open until a certain RPM.

I’ve been looking into a CETE as well but was somewhat put off by some reports of it causing issues and what not.